Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, um, i signed up to know more about dp/dr and how people with dp/dr feel or live or... idk, i just wanted to know more because i dont know who else i can ask except the ones who already have this because you all know it much much better. i don't want to offend anybody, im new with all this. but i'd still like to thank anyone who'll help me understand and also thank you for, um, reading this??

·
Registered
346 Posts
For me it just manifested itself in a ton of existential anxiety. Every thing in life that most of us all take for granted everyday became intriguing, but not in a good way. The world just becomes a very strange place. There is a feeling of detachment and adhedonia. There is a sense of fear of feeling emotion that you have because there is a sense of unrealness of the world you are trying to connect to emotionally. You become overly aware of your own senses and consciousness, especially vision. Your mind knows something is wrong and tries to fight it off, these are the existential thoughts you have that are so irritating, intrusive, and tiresome. Mine was drug induced and the good news about that is it typically will go away over time. My DP is not completely gone, but it does seem to be on life support. These were my experiences anyway and I know many on here have had similar ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts