Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Walden and this isn't my first time dealing with dp but this time it feels so much worse than before. I had this about a year or so ago and I was able to get out of it somehow but I don't remember how really. All the strategies I can think of like counseling, staying active, going to work,haven't been working, but I've also been very inconsistent because I have no motivation. The only thing I've been consistent with is medication but it has done nothing it seems like. I want to stop feeling like this, normally I'm a happy easy going guy, but now I stress all the time about how I'm going to get better and I just feel anxious and depressed. I feel like I can't connect with people anymore and it's very hard for me to look into my future life. I feel stupid all the time and I feel like I can't advance in my dream career. Please give me some advice on what I can do to make this end. I'm sacred it's not going to like last time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Work on your core and lower half. Do these things they will help you.

• Grounding breath -

1. Slow exhalations - Inhale through the nose and slowly exhale through the mouth (as if you are exhaling through the straw). Make sure outbreath should always be longer than inbreath.

2. Diaphragmatic breathing (lying down) - Follow the same rule of breathing as above.

• Grounding exercises -

1. Crunches and its variations (Core-strengthening exercises)

2. 90-90 stretches

3. Hip mobility exercises

1 - 2 of 2 Posts