Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started taking abilify, like a dumb dumb i started looking up videos on it, and my god there was not 1 good video on it, and people be talking about it raised my blood pressure, could of killed me, it gave me this, im still suffering from it, like my god, what in the heck, why am i taking this crap

i took it before, about a couple of weeks, idk yo i just went with the flow, idk if it raised anything or what but i do remember i felt tired all the time and no desire for anything, and i also felt numb

well i been off meds for a month, and felt like i had no feelings, my hyper awareness to sound was increasing, just going down hill instead of improving, so i decided to go back to my physc

he just threw me on abilify again, idk yo, does anyone ever do good on drugs, i always here people complaining, like yeah i feel decent but this sucks and this sucks and suck, like no1 ever feels like hell yeah thank god for this stuff

anyways, anyone on this, or any drugs and feel good? like damn ive been a year into dp, and God please help me

i suffer from not being myself, hyper awareness of sounds, if i dont get enough sleep, my anxiety raises, so does everything else, i even get DR if i get no sleep, like yesterday i looked in the mirror and was like, who is this mother effer

I would raise my arms, and it be like i was looking at someone else doing that, weird, but yeah

sucks to suck

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi
I dont take that med never have
I just wanted to say i get that looking into the mirror and thinking who the fk is that .
And i love my body i even talk to my refection to see if its me .
This is bullshit

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey I totally understand being scared to try meds. It took me a good 6 months to build up the courage to take one. Then I took my first dose and had a panic attack because I thought the meds would make everything worse. I've been on Zoloft 25mg for about 3 weeks, feeling not too bad. The first couple of weeks were bad, side effects and worse dpdr. Right now I feel a bit more disconnected, but I hope it will settle down soon.

Lots of people here say that meds have cured them or at least helped them. It's just hard to find the right med for you. Abilify is an antipsychotic, which I've read fairly good things about. Everyone has a different experience! I've read lots of posts on here saying how great Lexapro was, I tried it and I've never felt worse! So if you see videos saying how bad Abilify was, doesn't mean it will be horrible for you! Only you can determine whether yout medication is working.

For ssris like zoloft, common side effects are weight gain and decreased libido. But really I would rather have that than stay in this hell I'm in right now! So if the abilify works and the side effects aren't bad, great! But if the side effects are not good or the med isn't working well enough, stop taking it. Really it's up to you (and of course your psych/doc to help guide you!). Talk to your psych about how you feel, maybe try something else. Keep us updated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts