Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am from South Asia and I am about 29yrs old. I have had depersonalization for many years now.

I've known about this website for a long time, though I didn't join until now.

I've accepted my condition a long time ago. Of course, I would like to be cured of it but in the meantime I continue with my day to day life.

I think I first found out what my condition was around 2011. I think it was the article in depersonalization.info that I came across at that time. It lessened my suffering and (after a long time) slowly made me accept my condition.

I have never told anyone about my condition (unfortunately there isn't anyone that I can confide in).

So I have been dealing with it by myself all this time.

Since the last couple of days I have been having some depressing thoughts. I've had a very difficult time in my past years, especially the time I was studying in the university. I didn't fit-in with other people of my class and didn't make any close friends. It was because I didn't have the skills to make friends at the time. Those memories seems very painful even now.

(I will stop there because I don't want to make this post too long.)

Today I decided to join because I thought it might do me some good to share with other real people.

- Abe89

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Abe my name is Tris, I too am having a hard time really confusing in someone about my DP as well. I do my best to explain it to my SO, but I find that it’s really hard for anyone that isn’t experiencing it to really understand. I just found out about my condition a couple of weeks ago. The first time I had a symptom is when I was at my new job. I was walking and suddenly felt detached to not only myself but everything around me. It gets really intense at times but I know together we can all overcome this battle we all are facing with DP. Feel free to confide in me or anyone else anytime you need to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts