Depersonalization Support Forum banner

Hello, I’m new!

764 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  leminaseri 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. I hope you're all doing well today.

I've been experiencing DP/DR for over 30 years, however, each time it rears its ugly head I feel as scared as the first time. I think that it's as a result of anxiety and panic attacks, as it often seems to follow these.

I've had a pretty stressful 18 months whereby I've developed autoimmune diseases and have gone from being extremely active, to hardly being able to walk some days. I know that covid has caused a lot of stress for many people and I have also had 3 family members with the virus, so it's obviously been a very anxious time.

At the moment I have an ear infection accompanied by tinnitus, so it's not helping my fogginess. I really do feel that I should be used to my DP episodes after all this time, but I'm still always scared that I'm going crazy. I'm a biologist and have studied psychology, so I know a little about how our brains work, but logic goes out the window when I'm feeling like I am right now. Can anyone else relate to this?

Jasmine
icon_smile.gif

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thank you Anna for your kind words. They're much appreciated
icon_smile.gif

To the senior self help member I never stated that I'm "so good at psychology" I was merely making the point that even though I know a little bit about the brain, when we are in a situation such as DP, it really doesn't help.

I'm sorry that you've suffered, but if everyone on here is as welcoming and reassuring as you are, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't joined.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.