Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I hope you all are having a manageable day. I have been through 5 or 6 bouts of DP/DR and have found each time I go through it I have chronic vision and hearing problems. It feels like sounds are muffled and everything is a little but blurrier than usual. I went to have my hearing checked and the doctor said my hearing is good in addition to going to the eye doctor and was told my eye glass prescription is the as it has always been and that my eyes are very healthy. Does anyone have the same thing going on?

Thanks,

Zach

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I had a lot of symptoms stemming from my depressive disorder. Then, my eyes got blurry. At first, I couldn't figure out what was different, but I finally realized my vision had gotten blurry somehow.

I guess I wasn't supposed to notice, because my doctor never told me the Amitriptyline could do that. I checked the side effects of that medicine, and in addition to cotton mouth, you may notice some blurring

of your vision. Check the side effects of your current medication to see if they might be responsible for any of your symptoms.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is the second time I have DP/DR, leaning more into DR and both times have had visual and hearing problems.

This time (I have had DP/DR for about a year, my vision is very blurry and dull. My cannot seem to process large open spaces, which makes me feel disorientated.. Fluorescent lights look yellow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts