Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It always feels like my temples are in pain and sometimes my forehead is really sensitive to touch. Does anyone know why this is? Could it be my muscles in my head are tightened because I'm always so stressed and they get sore?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
It always feels like my temples are in pain and sometimes my forehead is really sensitive to touch. Does anyone know why this is? Could it be my muscles in my head are tightened because I'm always so stressed and they get sore?
I'm actually going into the doctors office Tuesday to ask this question. Although, it's not my forehead, it's the top of my head instead. I'll be sure to write back when I get my answer!

Although, I do think it has something to do with stressed muscles or perhaps some form of migraine.

·
Registered
978 Posts
"As far as whether anxiety can cause headaches, the answer is a resounding "yes." Anxiety puts a considerable amount of stress on the body and can lead to several different types of sensations that may be described as headaches. Some people experience more of a pressure than a pain. Others experience dull pain, and still others experience shooting pains.

Tension headaches may occur in many different places, including:

• The front, sides, tops, and even back of the head.
  • The back of the neck.
  • The shoulder muscles in between shoulder blades.

Tension headaches are specifically caused by stress. "

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"As far as whether anxiety can cause headaches, the answer is a resounding "yes." Anxiety puts a considerable amount of stress on the body and can lead to several different types of sensations that may be described as headaches. Some people experience more of a pressure than a pain. Others experience dull pain, and still others experience shooting pains.
Tension headaches may occur in many different places, including:

• The front, sides, tops, and even back of the head.
  • The back of the neck.
  • The shoulder muscles in between shoulder blades.
Tension headaches are specifically caused by stress. "
Thank you very much. I'm guessing stress and anxiety is the cause of this whole thing but my brain doesn't want to accept it. It wants to keep focusing on symptoms and the term depersonilization. If I could forget about the symptoms and the word dp for a week I probably would be better..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm actually going into the doctors office Tuesday to ask this question. Although, it's not my forehead, it's the top of my head instead. I'll be sure to write back when I get my answer!

Although, I do think it has something to do with stressed muscles or perhaps some form of migraine.
Thank you let me know what you find!

·
Registered
67 Posts
For me it's the back of my head. Sometimes it hurts so much I can't even lay my head on a pillow. Stress can make muscles tight, so I have no doubt it's from stress! My neck gets sore like that too. It's really quite awful!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts