Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had the weirdest dream last night and i am not going to explain it all...

but the thing i wanted to ask was do you any of you guys feel you have dp/dr in your dreams....

when i am being me in my dreams i still feel as though i am not real and i feel like i have no diea who and where i am....

it is so hard to explain...

anyone got any comments on this?

thank you :)

·
Registered
783 Posts
yo shadowness,

for the most part i am free of dp/dr in my dreams although my dreams are always terrible...

but, lately, i've been having major dp/dr in my dreams, worse than it is in real life.

that's me.

uni-g

·
Registered
723 Posts
i dont get dp in dreams. dreaming alot lately and vivid. think it might be the zoloft. grinding teeth too but sleeping very well :)

G

·
Thank goodness I'm without dp and dr in my dreams.I do however have many nightmares.

Like dreamcatcher,sleep often is the only thing to bring relief.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
This also astonishes me. How some don't have DP/DR in their dreams.

Since a little girl I've had very vivid, intricate, sometimes bizzare, sometimes fun, sometimes stupid, sometimes horrifying dreams. And 95% of the time I recall them in detail.

But whenever the DP/DR set in for good with me, it's in my dreams. Sometimes it is TERRIBLE in my dreams. Worse than the worse I feel in my waking state. I can't recall a dream w/out DP/DR in it. I know I had DP free dreams early in my youth, but I don't recall them.

It makes no sense to me. I wish someone would figure why one would live real life in DP and dream in reality. It absolutely astounds me.

Best,
D

G

·
I agree Dreamer,it is interesting.

The latest that I heard about dream research suggests that dreaming is all about memory.
We dream in order to store what we might consider to be worth while details from the days events.

How this would relate to dreaming with dp or not I couldn't say.

I haven't had chronic dp near as long as you have.I wonder if it's still not on some level an accepted part of my reality,if you know what I'm trying to say?not sure if I am lol

Cheers Shelly

G

·
Janine's book talks about how dreaming is just another level of consciousness & it is this type of consciousness that is what is happening in our waking state to cause dp/dr.

Human mind is amazing isn't it? :roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts