Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9 months since my initial dpdr hit.
My life isn't consumed by dpdr anymore. I can go out with friends and family. Live a fairly normal life but I'm not 100% yet. I just think that the experience has messed up my brain in some weird way.

I'm just not who I use to be. I still feel this strangeness to be human. I feel like I lost who I am and the outside me and the inside me just don't match up. I'm not as smart or witty as I use to be. I don't sleep good anymore either. My memory is shot and I jumble my words when I talk.

I feel like I don't have dpdr anymore, I don't connect to this site anymore. But I'm definitely still not right. Luckily my anxiety and depression have significantly subsided but I stlll feel so "off". Can anyone relate? I mean I'll take this over the awfulness I experienced months ago but I just want life to be normal again but I don't even know what that would mean at this point but I just know this way I'm feeling isn't normal

·
Registered
568 Posts
Yes yes yes
Me to you describe how i feel 100 %
I can't relate to there on here no more yet im not the same any more ...
It's hard to describe the way you feel , I'm over it
Maybe getting better cant happen after dp is so chronic i hope not

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm the same right now. I haven't been coming on this site much anymore and I stopped "obsessing" over the dpdr, and I still feel it when I really pay attention, but for the most part it isint consuming my life. I know what you mean when you say you feel off, I feel the same. Life feels very different and I feel different, but I think overtime we will get to 100%.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey courtneyk, im very glad to hear that you have recovered from DP/DR. Your story only strenghtens my belief that this thing is brought on by extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Somewhere along the incessant worrying, anxiety and stress, the brain just gets overwhelmed and says "fuck.it, im gonna go hide in my room".

It seems almost funny and paradoxical: your mind is fogged because it's inside its own mind!

I know how.it.felt first time getting it, and most of us will agree that it makes you feel like there is no recovery and that things couldnt possibly get back to normal after that.

Well, no, things.wont be the same again.
But the strangeness.you feel is in its own way another trauma caused by this trauma!

You will get better. It will take time.
Exercise,eat well.and meditate. You are human, there is no other home.
This is it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was getting better guys, but now i really feel like im even worse than square 1. My depression and anxiety has just been so out of control lately that i find it hard to even get out of bed on most days. I have a trip planned out of the country tomorrow for 2 and half weeks but im just so depressed and anxious i dont know how i will get thru it. Courtney im so glad that you are feeling alot better and i hope I can get back to that place again. I miss hanging out with my friends and not feeling so in my head and anxious all the time. I guess recovery is going to take longer than i had hoped.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm the same right now. I haven't been coming on this site much anymore and I stopped "obsessing" over the dpdr, and I still feel it when I really pay attention, but for the most part it isint consuming my life. I know what you mean when you say you feel off, I feel the same. Life feels very different and I feel different, but I think overtime we will get to 100%.
Yes exactly!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey courtneyk, im very glad to hear that you have recovered from DP/DR. Your story only strenghtens my belief that this thing is brought on by extreme anxiety and panic attacks. Somewhere along the incessant worrying, anxiety and stress, the brain just gets overwhelmed and says "fuck.it, im gonna go hide in my room".

It seems almost funny and paradoxical: your mind is fogged because it's inside its own mind!

I know how.it.felt first time getting it, and most of us will agree that it makes you feel like there is no recovery and that things couldnt possibly get back to normal after that.

Well, no, things.wont be the same again.
But the strangeness.you feel is in its own way another trauma caused by this trauma!

You will get better. It will take time.
Exercise,eat well.and meditate. You are human, there is no other home.
This is it!
Thank you so much for your kind words! Dpdr can and will go away even though it feels like it won't. I never thought I'd see this side of normal again. I'm happy to be where I am but still shooting for the weirdness it left to go away

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was getting better guys, but now i really feel like im even worse than square 1. My depression and anxiety has just been so out of control lately that i find it hard to even get out of bed on most days. I have a trip planned out of the country tomorrow for 2 and half weeks but im just so depressed and anxious i dont know how i will get thru it. Courtney im so glad that you are feeling alot better and i hope I can get back to that place again. I miss hanging out with my friends and not feeling so in my head and anxious all the time. I guess recovery is going to take longer than i had hoped.
You'll get there! I promise you'll feel good again one day. I never thought my anxiety and depression would subside. It was so awful. Honestly, I got a new dog that's consumed a lot of time and I think that he's weirdly helped me through this

1 - 10 of 10 Posts