Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious if your work, boss, co-workers know about your DP/Depression/Anxiety.

I've been at my current job since October 2003, so almost a year, and I've never told anyone here about it.

I never told anyone at my last job either. But two jobs ago, I told them, cause it was when I was just getting into the beginnings of the horrible feelings. And it was a small business run by a family we know from church, so I felt comfortable telling them.

I am just curious, cause there are times where I just want to unload everything on my boss, cause at times (like right now), I just want to leave work so bad and go home and just sleep!

Comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Kelson

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was just curious if your work, boss, co-workers know about your DP/Depression/Anxiety.

I've been at my current job since October 2003, so almost a year, and I've never told anyone here about it.

I never told anyone at my last job either. But two jobs ago, I told them, cause it was when I was just getting into the beginnings of the horrible feelings. And it was a small business run by a family we know from church, so I felt comfortable telling them.

I am just curious, cause there are times where I just want to unload everything on my boss, cause at times (like right now), I just want to leave work so bad and go home and just sleep!

Comments are appreciated. Thanks.

Kelson

·
Registered
723 Posts
i havn't/wouldn't tell anyone at work. only close family/friends who wouldnt regard me as any different with this information. also being treated normally in work situations helps me with the dp.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i havn't/wouldn't tell anyone at work. only close family/friends who wouldnt regard me as any different with this information. also being treated normally in work situations helps me with the dp.

·
Former Moderator
1,273 Posts
hell no. the only reason i would tell them is if i really felt comfortable enough with the people, and i can say that i rarely feel that comfortable. Kelson, i think it would be a bad idea. Even if your boss is sympathetic to your plight, i would think that the idea that you could just leave whenever you felt bad would be both too much a temptation to you, and quite annoying to your boss, regardless of your condition. Far better, i think, to just fight through the dreary days at work.

s.

·
Former Moderator
1,273 Posts
hell no. the only reason i would tell them is if i really felt comfortable enough with the people, and i can say that i rarely feel that comfortable. Kelson, i think it would be a bad idea. Even if your boss is sympathetic to your plight, i would think that the idea that you could just leave whenever you felt bad would be both too much a temptation to you, and quite annoying to your boss, regardless of your condition. Far better, i think, to just fight through the dreary days at work.

s.

G

·
i wouldn't tell them because they probably wouldn't understand. And it might put your job in an awkward position. But if you were going to tell them, id try to make it as general as possible. I personally wouldn't tell anyone i work for, and hopefully if i get a new job soon, i know i won't be telling them. Matter of fact the only people ive mentioned the words DEPERSOANLIZATION/DEREALIZATION to are my parents and my therapists and doctors. I told one friend, my closest friend, that i am basically going through a rough time, similar to a nervous breakdown, but i don't think even he gets the full jist of it.

G

·
i wouldn't tell them because they probably wouldn't understand. And it might put your job in an awkward position. But if you were going to tell them, id try to make it as general as possible. I personally wouldn't tell anyone i work for, and hopefully if i get a new job soon, i know i won't be telling them. Matter of fact the only people ive mentioned the words DEPERSOANLIZATION/DEREALIZATION to are my parents and my therapists and doctors. I told one friend, my closest friend, that i am basically going through a rough time, similar to a nervous breakdown, but i don't think even he gets the full jist of it.

G

·

G

·

G

·

G

·

G

·

G

·

1 - 20 of 34 Posts