Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started it and I’m seeing some improvements for sure. It’s very interesting stuff. Legal too. Anyone heard of it?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wow, I was thinking of taking this a while back. Is this the gaba reuptake inhibitor? Amazing it took me so long to find out about this one, seems like a good shout. Are you in the UK?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I’m the u.s. but it’s fairly cheap. Just make sure you get the sulfate and not sodium. Sodium is shorter lasting and doesn’t work as well. Plus I would recommend buying a lot when you find the sulfate as people gobble the stuff up. I’ve had dp for 10 years and this is the only thing that’s helped. I’m feeling back in my mind and this might be it. The one. Idk I’m pretty excited.

·
Registered
715 Posts
For how long have you taken it so far and what is your reduction in your symptoms? I had a significant reduction years back in my symptoms on a combination of Cymbalta and rivotril/clonazepam for half a year. Then tolerance for rivotril set in and it stopped working. It took the depersonalisation but not the derealisation.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have looked at the profile of Tianeptine and is has a unique profile that is not related to other anti-depressants. It has some effects on the opiopate system but not the kappa receptor directly. It can be addictive in high doses and is therefor illegal in some countries because it has been misused. It should stabilised the NMDA receptors that is some models for DP are affected and have some anti-epileptic properties due to it. It should stimulate the dopamine system and also be effective in states of panic, anxiety.

I live in Denmark and it is not market here but it should be in some western europeans countries like Germany and France (illegal in the UK). It is marketed in most of eastern europe.

I have found a clinic in Warsaw;Poland with psychiatrists that takes private patients. I might see if i could get a 2.hour consultation on a monday and prescription and one more on a friday to see if i tolerate it and a prescription for 12.weeks to give it a try. A list of countries that should have it legal for depression https://www.drugs.com/international/tianeptine.html

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yes, but it made it worse in a diffrent way. 3-4 people with DP had written diffrent places that it worked for them so i tried it for that.

·
Registered
715 Posts
It is a anti-depressant in many countries and some of them who said it helped might have suffered form depression with symptoms of depersonalisation -so they might not have depersonalisation as a disorder. There also was some with depression who took it and got symptoms of depersonalisation on it, so it might not be so promising with so conflicting experiences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts