Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dpdr and anxiety are terrible lately. My brain literally, physically feels ill. Each day I feel like reality gets more and more altered. I have been to the ER and the most they can really do is give me a xanax.. since I don't want to kill myself or anyone else and I'm not hearing/seeing things that aren't there.I feel very down and depressed and completely hopeless. I want to get off all of these meds I'm on because they seem to be making it a lot worse. I see a psychiatrist on Thursday. I've been having vivid dreams every night that feel more real than reality. I can't feel the people around me. I mean, they're there but I just don't FEEL their presence. Do you think it's possible for me to go crazy or die from my medication or just how severe my anxiety is getting? This is the lowest I've ever felt. I've had an EKG and tons of blood work but I'm afraid there's something physically wrong with me brain. I haven't done anything for days because I'm just waiting to die.

·
Registered
Drummer, Sound Engineer, Music
979 Posts
Glad you have a psychiatrist meeting lined up, sounds like your anxiety is on overdrive. It's like one of the most common symptoms, quick google search will show you that many people go to hospital thinking they are dying and it's anxiety. Hang in there

·
Registered
78 Posts
I felt like this for a year straight after I first got DP. I know it's so awful, and your brain feels so weird that there MUST be something physical going on. My symptoms have changed slightly and I have a greater level of self awareness and can better understand that this is due to severe, chronic anxiety. Hang in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts