Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Friday everyone. If you're having a rough time keep up the good fight, and don't forget you're not alone. You didn't ask for DP/DR, but Frodo didn't ask for the ring either. The suffering you're enduring is not meaningless - it's your own personal (insert fantasy movie you like) journey fraught with demons and long dark nights - but you will come out if it all the stronger and braver.
It's one of the most sinister tricks of the condition that makes you believe you'll never get out - but it's just a sirens song. You can't think your way out because your sprained brain is what got you into this mess in the first place - you'll have to use something else inside you, but first you have to discover it. You can climb out, and you will. And you'll look back on this with a feeling of accomplishment more so than most anything else you'll probably do in life. I made it out - and if I did you can. Nothing special about me. I'm sure I had all your symptoms, and then some.
Okay, I'll shaddup... just wanted to give anyone who's suffering a little encouragement.
I'll raise my glass to those of you who silently suffer tonight.

·
Registered
445 Posts
thanks for these words

I am roughtly 70% recovered . also part of it was your help

but I am worried that the meds I took and abruptly stopped several times fucked up my brain for good . I somehow cant get over that one and am scared to be fucked for life now

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You won't be fucked for life, but unfortunately our contemporary psyche practices don't effectively help people step down and get off meds and give them the support they need once they commit to doing so, so you have the added burden of having to become an expert on the topic yourself because you're the only one who cares enough.
You can do it though, it's just an added obstacle to navigate once you've gotten your anxiety under control. Here's an enlightening article from the New Yorker detailing our shortcomings with treating people like yourself, and what you can do about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-challenge-of-going-off-psychiatric-drugs/amp

Good luck friend. You can do it. I sense your strength in our conversations.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You won't be fucked for life, but unfortunately our contemporary psyche practices don't effectively help people step down and get off meds and give them the support they need once they commit to doing so, so you have the added burden of having to become an expert on the topic yourself because you're the only one who cares enough.
You can do it though, it's just an added obstacle to navigate once you've gotten your anxiety under control. Here's an enlightening article from the New Yorker detailing our shortcomings with treating people like yourself, and what you can do about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-challenge-of-going-off-psychiatric-drugs/amp

Good luck friend. You can do it. I sense your strength in our conversations.
I dont fully understand what you are trying to say . can you explain it a little more simple for the stupid me ? :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1) You're not fucked, things are just a little more complicated when you've used meds for some time.
2) you do have the added burden of having to educate yourself about how to handle coming off of meds because our society doesn't currently do a good job at teaching people how to do.
3) start by reading the article. :)

Our brains our very plastic (flexible) and can totally return to baseline. There's kids born with half a brain and that half grows to neurons and compensated for the half that doesn't exist. You haven't done any permanent damage - but you will have to untangle engrained thought patterns to untangle your brain - but this is not done by thinking, but by understanding.
Start with the article bro :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts