Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a weird story but just hear me out. Last night I was face timing a friend of mine, and as a joke I just started squeezing my stomach in and out using my stomach muscles. I was literally just doing this for about 2 minutes and could hear the fluids moving around inside of me.
Waking up this morning, it feels as though my depersonalisation is lesser to a great extent, if not gone. I literally woke up and had to look around the room because I haven't felt like this in ages. I don't know whether what I did last night might be related to the gut which seems to be seen as a possible reason for depersonalisation. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Bit far fetched, probably just passing on its own. The jerk reaction is to search for what made things better rather than settle into actually getting better. Either that or it could have stimulated the vagus nerve a bit.. but that's far fetched as well. If u breath in as much as you can, hold ur breath and stick out ur stack this stimulates the VN apparently

·
Registered
102 Posts
Though both do seem to be far-fetched, I'd say that the time you spent face timing your friend would have to do with it being lesser than the gut thing. I noticed, sometimes, when I am being a certain way, reacting freely to something, or maybe, being myself without catching myself being myself before I do catch myself..., these rare moments where I am not inside my head nor too much outside, I find everything less strange, lighter, for a split of a second then it's gone and everything is back to the usual.

To me, it is as if something has been relieved and helped with the dpdr.

To be honest, there aremany factors we're not quite aware of that worsen or lessen dpdr. Maybe there was something you've been doing/done you're not aware of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts