Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a call this morning from the pscycotherepy group that i will soon be joining,but there will be no doubt that symptoms or the question 'whats your problem' will arise

now im going to be sitting in a room with a group of people with various different problems so surely when i tell them all of my symptoms(because lets face it thats what im there for to spill my gutts)there going to think im crackers

'well its like this i dont feel real,the further i walk away from home the more invisible i feel,when i wake im filled with anxiety and i spend all day trapped inside of my mind looking at this world that doesnt seem real'

you see a few years back if someone said that to me i would have thought theyd lost the plot

·
Registered
645 Posts
JC,

Just wanted to let ya know that though I was feeling horrible this weekend, I went to a wedding on Saturday and drank and it made the DP worse and now I am horrible. I think it is the drink that causes this all. Actually my doctor who I stopped seein in August came to this conclusion and felt 99.9% sure of it. Why I continue to drink, I don't know. I think this weekend was because I was around alot of my relatives and I knew that the beer would loosen me up a bit for the time being. But now I feel HORRIBLE.
So with the help of my girlfriend, I have decided to stop drinking entirely the rest of the year (2004). I know I can do it and am determined to do it.
I want to clear my mind as much as possible as I have been off meds completely since August and am gonna rid my mind and body of alcohol too. I can do it! Just wanted to let ya know about the alcohol thing since I know you use the drink as a self medicator at times. Take care,

Kelson

·
Registered
749 Posts
i went to a coping group, everyone there had anxiety to one degree or another, they were all asking me for advise, and at this moment i talk shit, just happenned they all thought i was alright cause i got to go home[THEY HAD ALL BEEN SECTIONNED] but i was alot worse than many of them.

give it a go, it cant hurt

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies,your right kelson for some drink does make anxiety worse but i dont really have a problem with it,i just want to stop for a while to lose a bit of weight and save some cash....
im gonna give this group therepy a shot,you never know might be some nice crazy women there

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I'm going to a new group this evenng. Anxiety, "everyone with anxiety". I expect no one will know what the Hell DP/DR is, but we'll see. JC don't worry what anyone else thinks. The guy I talked to for directions said, "Now if you don't feel good, or anything like that, you can just get up and leave and go to your car and have a smoke." LOL.

I don't smoke, and no one is allowed to smoke in my car. I like to repeat that for some reason.

I really laughed. I'm sure there are people there who are a mess. I'm just another with a unique story.

I'm anxious about going, but it will force me out again!

Take Care,
D :shock:

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
See JC,
OK, this meeting for me is at 7pm tonight, it's now 3pm. I can't eat, my heart is pounding. The DP isn't worse, but I'm really getting anxious. NO reason... or rather reasons I haven't examined. I have a hunch, many thoughts. It will be good to talk just about that tonight. May not even mention my DP which gets worse (more and more) when I have social interaction.

Pisses me off as I was always a very gregarious person.

Hell.
Best,
d :shock:

G

·
Part of the horror with something like DP and a new Group situation is that we're right up against the old fears that nobody will believe us.

If people just don't understand dp, that's fine..they can ask questions, try to relate..it isn't that we NEED that kind of perfect mirroring.

But.....the stuff that keeps us from eating is that we have bad memories of loved ones/needed ones who gave us sideways glances that clearly said "you're such a damn fake...attention-seeker, you act like there's something wrong with you - it's all in your imagination..."

THAT is who we are terrified of meeting in the Group. (but that person won't be there. She/he is either dead or home in your living room)

Peace,
Groups R Us,
J

G

·
Maybe you should go sit out in your car and have a smoke, Dreamer. Might mellow you out a bit. Plus you could listen to the radio. You owe us a song in "Name That Tune."

Good luck to both of you. I really need to get into something like that....

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Janine, I hear ya'. Yup. The old conditioning. The knee-jerk reaction.

I want to stop it, and it takes work. I really believe a group is going to help, in some way or another. Just speaking in front of a group. And to think I used to sing and act and dance... don't ask me how.

Hey, SC, LOL. No smoking! Never have, never will... have enough problems. But yes, I have so many tunes I want to post, but I'm terrified of getting a malware attack which I KNOW I got Googling lyrics, either to post or cheat on!

L,

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
In response to Janine, that is why I am currently dating someone as nutty as I am!!! :)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hope it all goes well dreamer,im sure it will work out fine,isnt it strange how the mind works i used to look forward to evening groups,you know the gym,karate etc... but now everything is filled with dread and fear

G

·
Dreamer its possible to get a Malware attack from browsing ANY WEBSITE. Possibly even this one. You shouldn't NOT use Google because there is a possibility of Malware. Do you have a adaware program or an anti virus program on your computer? If so you should be all set.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Bro, I've got it all. State of the art. XP beta test, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Webroot Spy Sweeper, I do my Windows updates, and have Norton Systemworks. Firewall. And I STILL got nailed.

I saw it happen. It was on a lyrics site. Couldn't stop it. I now have my computer set to high security and am so gun shy I'm being VERY careful.

I'll get back to my lyrics. But I am CURSED when it comes to computer problems. I got a laptop that never goes on line as I was so FURIOUS.

Yup, the internet is nasty.

Gotta go!
Nite.
Thanks for all the support!

G

·
I went to a group thingy once(well several groups a few times).

Came out realising I was pretty sane.These people had some serious disorders.............one woman heard voices etc.
A new member thougth I was the therapist LOL

You never know who you might come across

At a codependent meeting I went to, a woman revealed she was there
because she was codependent with her dog :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
would be interesting to tell people how you feel. it seems like people that have never had dp don't really understand the symptoms anyway, so you shouldn't feel strange.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Well, it was a disappointing meeting as only 2 showed up. The one guy was excellent actually talked a lot about CBT and how to handle anxiety. But neither guy knew what DP was. Said I was articulate, but they were clueless, absolutely clueless.

I have more groups lined up.

One thing, I MUST force myself to exercise daily. If there's one thing EVERYONE says it's exercise. Have to do it.

I also have a huge pamphlet of helpful CBT tips, but they are what I got in CBT, one on one, with a therapist who understood DP. Using CBT on anxiety and panic is one thing, another on chronic DP.

Ah, well, to have a positive attitude, I got out, met two new people, will go next week, but know this isn't my bag. But now I'm less afraid of disappointment. I realized that's what I feared for some reason, and again, I think Janine was correct... fear that others wouldn't understand.

Well, they didn't. I was disappointed, but it didn't kill me. I wasn't anxious at all there, just the usual DP/DR at it's "friendly" level.

HELL.

I still give myself a pat on the back
Thanks all,
L,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts