Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, and greetings.

I am a 30 year old male who has lived with Depersonalization since my early teens.

I'm a natural lucid dreamer and one day after waking up from a super mundane dream (dream consisted of everyday things; work, errands, seeing friends) and the constant feeling that I've never truly woken up from that dream continues to persist to this day. I always thought it was horrid sleeping habits coupled with an overactive imagination followed by deep bouts of depression but multiple sessions with a therapist has revealed that it's most likely Chronic DPD.

I spend most of my days in a haze and it has affected my life in detrimental ways.
For example:
I lived homeless in my vehicle for 5 years because of what I assume was a mental break which caused me to entertain the urge to pack up and move anywhere that wasn't where I was. I changed locations often.

For the longest time I thought I was alone in my feelings and I'm grateful to come across this forum full of other individuals who I can actually sympathize/empathize with.

I hope to find here a sense of solace, validation, and helpful resources for coping day-to-day.

Thank you for your time.

~ the Ephemeral Dreamer

1 - 1 of 1 Posts