Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING: A positive post, from DREAMER!!!!! :shock:

I don't want to jinx this, but I finally got off my rump, went to my college town, found a NAMI consumer support group and had the best evening I've had in a VERY long time.

Though the group was mixed... borderline, schizophrenic, unipolar depression, I felt I was understood. 100% accepted. I've finally gotten off my RUMP... have to say that again. Also have an appointment with a shrink and therapist there, U.ofM. And I KNOW, that I will be looking for an apartment there.

That's my place. I belong there. And like every person in the room, who spoke with respect towards everyone else, I felt true comfort I haven't felt in... I can't remember. Except here. Only the people are not so far away. Words on a screen. I wish we HERE could all get together, damnit.

I have goals. This has jumpstarted a renewed interest in my NAMI stuff.

I actually have made a postive post.

You don't know how good it feels to hear that someone's accomplishment for the day was doing her laundry, and that we could laugh about it. That another woman with MANY problems cried, and we cried with her. That a man now in his late 50s has found direction with his life, after a lifetime of depression.

No, not cured. But had a very positive evening.

I have a support group, I feel like volunteering again, and I want to move back to my old college town.... plan for next Spring. It's heaven.

I CAN "go home again" because my University was always MINE. It didn't belong to my mother... I made my own life there, and struggled there, and succeed there, and it's a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful place.

This evening, I felt a little peace.

Feels good.
Best,
D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congratulations Dreamer. That's fantastic and I hope you find even more peace, happiness, and purpose through your journeys.

·
Registered
413 Posts
wonderful post dreamer!

keep us updated as to how you are doing!

take care and all the best :)

yayness to you my friend....yayness indeed :)

G

·
Tell me more about the group, Dreamer.

What are you doing there? Playing games, talking?
Is there a therapist?
Is there a discussion how they are doing or feeling in the beginning of the group each day?

G

·
So glad you had a great time and most of all you were amongst people you felt comfortable with.

Sounds like a new brighter future is coming your way soon.

By the way I don't ever think of your posts as not being positive.
Even when you have a rare whinge you do it with such grace.

Wishing you all the best,
Love Shelly

G

·
Dreamer, this is so great to read.

I've prayed for you so many times before and I've been waiting to read a post like this from you for so long. I'm almost questioning if it's really happening. lol *DR MOMENT!* haha nah just kidding.

I wish you the best of luck. This could be your big break. A new chance at life. I really hope it is sweetheart.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you folks. It feels good to say something positive here, being a longtimer. I think there's hope for all of us. Let's not give up!]
Love,
D :shock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts