Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my Holter Monitor test beck, The doc said they capture 17 pre mature beats, and 7 SVT's.. He said listen, you are doing this to yourself. He said you need to learn to relax.

I said tell me something I don't know.. I told him when I get one of these Palps I freak.... especially at night. He said the less stress you have the less you will have these, He said it isn't a physical problem of the heart causing the palps it is my anxiety. Well Easier said then done. I mean it is good knowing my heart is fine, bad knowing that I am causing it myself, I need to find a way to relax........

YOu know what would help no DP/DR........ Isn't this a fun cycle to be in.

Peace to all
KC

· Registered
1,197 Posts
Or when you find someone else, call this so-called doctor who feeds you platitudes and say (or leave a message that says):

"Dr. X, because you cannot help me, I have found someone who can. I am no longer your patient."

G

·
This is completely off of the subject but I wanted to mention it anyways. I work as a physician's assistant in a large GI group in PA. I have found that the longer a doctor is in practice the colder he gets when it comes to patient's feelings. The funny thing is, however, let the doctor be the one with the problem, and they make it seem like nobody in the world has suffered but them. I guess where I am getting at is his advice is a lot easier said than done.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
WheramI,

It just incenses me to hear this kind of stuff. What his doctor is doing is classic medical malpractice.

At the very least, he should be reported to the state licensing authorities for his acceptance of payment while refusing to deliver services.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
hchendrix said:

I guess the only thing in the Dr's defense is maybe he is just tired of hearing me complain about dif symptoms... I am going to try and find another doctor though

------------

He doesn't deserve a defense; he deserves to have his license reviewed.

· Registered
636 Posts
I agree that you need a new dr. Even if you are doing this to yourself, he should be helping you figure how to stop.

But i also want to say not to worry to much. I have what is referred to as a stress heart murmur. Never acts up unless i am stressed or feeling heartbroken. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.