Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being persistent, I finally got my insurance company to cover me for TMS. I’ll get the standard depression treatment first. Then If it does not work they are willing to do off label treatments. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Session 1 done. However for the first 5 they are not targeting the right side of my brain so I don’t expect crazy results if any. Also no negative side effects, so we will see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Figured I’d give you guys an update. I have moments of the day where I feel okay, and have even felt a desire to socialize since starting TMS. It’s far from where I’d like to be, but it’s a start. Secondly, the right sided treatment they’ve given me is VERY short, and the right side of the brain is heavily implicated in DP. I’m going to ask them to bump the duration of the right sided treatments and see if I notice any greater results.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured I'd give you guys an update. I have moments of the day where I feel okay, and have even felt a desire to socialize since starting TMS. It's far from where I'd like to be, but it's a start. Secondly, the right sided treatment they've given me is VERY short, and the right side of the brain is heavily implicated in DP. I'm going to ask them to bump the duration of the right sided treatments and see if I notice any greater results.
another update. I haven't experienced any more effects, however they haven't been doing 1Hz stimulation on the right side which is important in DP symptoms. I'm going to speak with the doctor tomorrow about changing the frequency of the pulses on my right side and hopefully she agrees to change the protocol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts