Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I am going to try rTMS,has anyone experience with this treatment? And which side of the brain should I choosee.. My symptoms are 2d vision dp,blank mind,depression,anhedonia,loss of character. Sever DR,and sensitivity to light,floaters etc.

I am reading about vlpfc,dlpfc,tpj.. what is the best I can do.. my psych is willing to try what I want.

cheers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’m going to try this as well. VLPFC seems to be more effective for emotional numbness/anhedonia so that is what I will try.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to try this as well. VLPFC seems to be more effective for emotional numbness/anhedonia so that is what I will try.
The normal protocol is dlpfc I assume. Maybe I am going to try both at the same time.. Keep me updated on your journey please.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The normal protocol is dlpfc I assume. Maybe I am going to try both at the same time.. Keep me updated on your journey please.
Yes dlpfc is what they target for depression. I may start with that. Good luck to you as well I'll update here when I get it done.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes dlpfc is what they target for depression. I may start with that. Good luck to you as well I'll update here when I get it done.
Have you had it done,I have set my appointment for oktober 8th. I am so so scared,that it will make me worse. I can't grasp how it can get even worse than I already am. I am already totally gone. I need some reassurance,I have read the TPJ area made alot of people worse.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update,I have done one session of the right and left DPLFC. No improvement yet,maybe slightly worse. But can't really tell,on the day I had it I was very fatigued and tired. I did feel good the day after but today I feel pretty bad again. DP/DR still very severly. Friday will be session 2. The procedure itself was not painfull rather unpleasant.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update session 2: No major side effects,it seems my cognition has declined. I did have an hour or two after the session a moment of clearity,and calmness someting I haven't felt for a long time. that gave me hope,but it did not last long. I am still pursuing this treatment. It's ony session 2 you really have to give it a shot to work.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also really want to try one session,of the right VLPFC. But my practicioner has never done that before. How would he be able to locate that area of the brain? Maybe I can push him to try it one time one me.. Anyone?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have not had the chance to try yet. I would like to hear an update from aridity. Hopefully he has found some relief.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The doc I see once a month just got a TMS machine by Neurostar in his office. TMS is only approved in my health insurance for Major Depressive Disorder and OCD, so I don't know if it's good for Panic Disorder, dp and insomnia (my problems), but I might give it a try.

My symptoms only respond to benzos ( .75mgs of Klonopin, but 1mg. if i have to face a stressful day), so who knows if TMS will help me, but I might give it a try.

Like some others who have posted here, I'm worried that TMS might exacerbate my DP (which only bothers me if I don't get enough sleep), so this is a difficult decision.

I wonder how it went with Aridity?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi, im trying rtms. I already did 9 sessions of 40 min on the left dlpfc. Depression is little better but the dpdr is still there. Tomorrow is my last session on the left dlpfc. Ather that the doc will try another spot. I guess the right dlpfc. One question is the right dlpfc the same like the right vlpfc?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, im trying rtms. I already did 9 sessions of 40 min on the left dlpfc. Depression is little better but the dpdr is still there. Tomorrow is my last session on the left dlpfc. Ather that the doc will try another spot. I guess the right dlpfc. One question is the right dlpfc the same like the right vlpfc?
Of course not... it's a different area,hence it has a different name.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ok so I am finally going for an evaluation for TMS and I’m likely to get it covered by insurance. I will get the standard depression protocol done first then I will try to pursue other areas of the brain I am going to update in a new thread when I actually get the treatment. My main symptoms are emotional numbness, and impaired thought process. Pray for me lol.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My insurance turned me down for rTMS! Now I've gotta deal with rejection, on top of my other problems!
icon_mrgreen.gif

My doctor said that my health insurance company is notorious for turning people down for TMS, and he's gonna file an appeal, which he said usually gets approved.

I'll find out Thursday, at my monthly appointment.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’m trying to manage my expectations of this procedure because the likelihood of it helping isn’t very high but miracles do happen lol. Honestly though we’ll never know if we don’t try. I’m also in pursuit of participating in the ongoing clinical study for ALKS 5461 so I have a few options at my feet. We’ll see.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm trying to manage my expectations of this procedure because the likelihood of it helping isn't very high but miracles do happen lol. Honestly though we'll never know if we don't try. I'm also in pursuit of participating in the ongoing clinical study for ALKS 5461 so I have a few options at my feet. We'll see.
Hi,Jack. There is a small change that rTMS will help you,exactly as you said if you don't try it you'll never know. Altough troughout the time I have spoken more and more people who did not benefit from this procedure at all,just like myself. From now on I won't recommend this to anyone that quick anymore,especially the normal protocol is likely to fail. I hope it does something for you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi,Jack. There is a small change that rTMS will help you,exactly as you said if you don't try it you'll never know. Altough troughout the time I have spoken more and more people who did not benefit from this procedure at all,just like myself. From now on I won't recommend this to anyone that quick anymore,especially the normal protocol is likely to fail. I hope it does something for you.
I don't see why you wouldn't recommend it if someone can get it covered by insurance. side effects are generally tolerable if any occur at all, and it has at least a slight possibility of helping. I'd say it's safer than most medications so if you have the means I say go for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts