Depersonalization Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Going to NYC in August - Should I meet Janine or run? She wants to meet me but I'm all weird about it. This would be the first person I met over the Internet. She even gave me her phone number! (that in itself is just weird for me)

Sarah is all for this but I dunno, its weird. What if she is a 60 year old man with harry palms? :)

I am also VERY freaked out about going on a plane. The last time I was on a plane was in 1981 in my mothers belly. We went to British Columbia but I can't remember a thing :p

So, meet Janine or not? Any recommendations on reducing stress of being on a plane? Help?!?

· Registered
131 Posts
One thing that makes me feel better on planes is by reminding myself that plane crashes are very rare and that planes are the safest form of transportation. Sometimes I like to keep my eyes closed on planes as well.

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keeping my eyes closed would be funny. I can just see Sarah mocking me!

One of my good friends eased my stressed. He said "The pilot doesnt want to die neither"

I just hate thinking about not having control.

· Registered
2,710 Posts
Yeah - when we are flying our brains are screaming that there is something 'not quite right' about being thrown through the sky in a metal tube. But I love flying, it's so exciting..well, I think so anyway. I get pissed off when people are so blas? about it. Just the thought of being 30-odd thousand feet above the earth...mental. Talk about defying nature! And remember, according to relativity, you'll land 0.00000000000000000031 seconds younger !!

Don't worry about crashing. As I'm sure people tell you, you've got better odds of winning the lottery. Just enjoy it. If you're unable to rationalise it to yourself, just do what I do whenever I am in an unavoidably scarey situation; get smashed out of my brains.

When you go, can you go to the sports bar on the corner of E17th and 5th Street and settle up my tab from 1991 ? Cheers.

· Former Moderator
1,084 Posts
Revelation said:
Hi guys,

Going to NYC in August - Should I meet Janine or run?
Run. Fast.

Sarah is all for this but I dunno, its weird. What if she is a 60 year old man with harry palms? :)
Well, i don't know if her hands are hairy...she usually keeps all four of them in her pockets most of the time.

I am also VERY freaked out about going on a plane.
Sissy. :p

So, meet Janine or not? Any recommendations on reducing stress of being on a plane? Help?!?
This is kind of like "To be or not to be". If you're looking to reduce stress on the plane, i'd say don't plan to meet Janine, and of course, as always, drink copious amounts of alcohol.

By the way, Rev...love what you've done with the site re. new icons and what not. Don't think no one noticed.

· Registered
926 Posts
Run, definitely run. I escaped the very same situation myself not long ago. It was a close call, I went to NYC and Janine kept harassing me and trying to meet up with me but I got home safe and sound.

:twisted: love ya really J-9

G

·
Just cannot tell everyone how truly special I feel, lol

Had to chime in, sitting here at work (2 of my 4 hands in my pockets) and laughing.

I have no need to push, R, if you're relunctant. Please don't feel pressured (that's what the serial killer always says to make the person feel safe enough to come into the basement)

:wink:

· Registered
926 Posts
oh yeah, she also told me that all those people who used to come onto this site and don't any more are not 'recovered and moved on'. They are in aforementioned basement.

· Registered
926 Posts
I was only joking! She doesn't really have people in her basement! She knows I'm only kidding with her. Don't you Janine?!?!

Rev, meet her. Then tell us if she does have four hairy palms. :p

· Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
g-funk said:
I was only joking! She doesn't really have people in her basement! She knows I'm only kidding with her. Don't you Janine?!?!

Rev, meet her. Then tell us if she does have four hairy palms. :p
So was I!

Im IN her basement right now! It's dark in here and this thing is looking at me.

I should prob do some actual work. I've been on this site for 43minutes wasting company time.

G

·
Sebastian, that is rreally NOT acceptable. I gave you a photo of me a long time ago because you gave me one. I did NOT expect it to be plastered all over the internet.

:twisted: :evil:

· Registered
544 Posts
labyrinth was a classic. I must've been about 4 when I first saw it and it freaked me out. I didn't know that Janine featured in it at the time lol.

I know someone who did ridiculous amounts of ketamine and said he literally was "in" the film labyrinth for what seemed like an eternity. Strange people.

· Registered
788 Posts
Why does Janine get to see Sebastian and no one else does? Not fair.

On another note, I had a dream I met Janine. I was in New York for some reason and I went to her apartment. And she had a husband or some guy living there who was equally as cool as she is. And they were both really warm and caring and smart. And I had this book, kind of my diary. And Janine was reading it trying to figure out how to help me. Long story, but it was a cool dream. I meant to post it awhile back but I forgot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.