Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,my name is Aridity I have been on this site for approx 6 years or so,but very inactive. I am a 23 year old male,and I am suffering from this mental hell for more than 15 years. Lately I have been going to a Psychiatrist and tommorow will do so again. What meds should I try? Are there any meds that helped alot of DPD people.. that probably would help me also. Because I am done with it I am tired. thanks

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
I think the first choice would be Lamotrigine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply,I have talked to my psychiatrist and he was willing to give me Lamotrigine in combination wit Citalopram. What are your thoughts on that. I really don't give a shit anymore I'd cutt my hand off to get rid of this.

·
Banned
1,370 Posts
There is some evidence that the combination of both might be more effective than Lamotrigine alone, however the evidence is magre and there is no theoretical reason why this should be the case, so it's not unlikely that it might be wrong and Lamotrigine alone is doing the job if it works. So if you start both of them together and it works you won't know if the SSRI is really necessary or disposable. For this reason I first went up to 600 mg/day of Lamotrigine and then added Fluoxetine. Unfortunately both Lamotrigine alone and the combination did nothing.

According to some case series published in journals the chance for success should be around 50%. However we found that on this forum it might be more around 25% to 35%. But even if the chance was only 25% I think Lamotrigine is worth a try, because if used correctly it seems to be quite safe. I never noticed any side-effects from it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts