Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have had Depersonalization for a few months now.

It's almost an onset of symptoms that keeps returning and returning. Since the first onsets of Depersonalization; I've become used to being depersonalized and I'm comfortable with it for the most part. I don't stress, fear or worry about DP anymore but I do have symptoms like crazy when I go outside ''sometimes''

Those first few months I was locked in my house and spend most of my days in my room, reevaluating life and trying to reprogram my brain as best as I can. What I can tell you now is that I don't feel any symptoms of Depersonalization when I'm in my room. It feels like I'm already used to my room and house that I don't feel DP at all. It's 100% percent gone in my house but when I go outside for a long period of time, the symptoms start returning like crazy and even tho I could control my dp, this feeling only last a few minutes if I let it.

And as you guess when I go back to my house, I'm DP free, not sure exactly why this happens to me but can anyone relate or have a similar experience?

It almost feels like if I have a stressful day, my symptoms become worse or start appearing again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a year old, but have you gotten over it? If so, how? I decided to get homeschooled when the winter started, and I have gotten used to being indoors that I experience depersonalization sometimes when I go outside for a walk, but just like you I'm DP free when I return home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts