Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I'm heading back to the psychologist this Friday for all my problems, but mostly because of DP/DR. I've had DP for 3 years now, and I went to get my head looked at a year ago and that lasted for about 7 months. It seems to me I'm depressed because of PTSD and the DP-- that's how I'm dealing with things. And I think now I'm even worse now because of seasonal depression and school stress. That's how I got to the psych the same time last year.

So does anyone have advice for me, either in what to ask or what to say or how to describe it? I'm just wondering what has worked and not worked for everyone. And hopefully I can talk with her about getting some kinda meds through one of the psychiatrists there. What's worked best for you and why? I was thinking about Lamictil and either Clomipromine (Anifranil) or Paxil. I think that's what I figured out.

Thanks,
Grant with an "R" :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
i suppose all i can say is explain everything and anything in every way you can to try and get you thoughts and feeling across...

just let the session unfold...ask whatever you feel you need to at the time....

write stuff down or get him/her to write stuff down if you or they say something you want to try or want to remember....

i have not seen a psychologist for my anxiety or my dp/dr problems.....only doctors...a psychotherapist and psychiatrists...

hope that helps a little...

hope all goes well....let us know how it goes :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts