Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started suffering with DP/DR its was pretty bad. My vision was weird, I had panic attacks, I was emotionally numb, and I was questioning everything. It's a lot better now, but I still suffer with t every now and then. My question is: is it truly possible to actually FULLY recover from it? I don't have physical symptoms now and I don't question everything all the time, but the existentialism is still there and the feelings that come with it are still there too. Whilst I feel like I am over DP/DR (with the occasional relapse) I feel like the existential questions are something I'll never recover from and will never be okay with. Ever since I first started questioning this stuff it's like it's opened my eyes. People say to just ignore it, and I do, and that's fine for a while but it doesn't actually fix the problem. I don't wanna ignore it I wanna get past it, I don't wanna feel like my life is pointless everytime I wonder if the world and people are real, I wanna be like the other people in the recovery stories who say they've fully recovered and when they think about existential stuff they used to think about they just laugh at how ridiculous they were for believing it. I wanna think it's ridiculous too, I wanna scoff at the notion hat the world is fake, but I honestly don't ever think I'll be able to, I feel like I will constantly be in limbo when t comes to it and that makes me not wanna put any effort into my actual life if it might be fake. Help?

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you feel no fog, and are in your body you are doing just fine. Focus on something that you want from life whether its a good family life, career, or something else. If your symptoms are gone you are on your way to living a fulfilling life devoid of Derealization. Congrats!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts