Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I am here to get some help to get back on my feet and see if I can manage to get a job while under this condition. I want to add that I will be seeing a psychologist on March 1st to speak about getting Cognitive-behavioral therapy and Group Exercises. I am hoping I can start right away. Also, hopefully after some discussions we can talk about prescribing me (Anafranil) beause I heard several great things about this prescription drug. Now for the deep stuff lol:

I had to stop school a semester after I became all foggy minded and derealization. It is hard to do anything because this is nonstop of my life. They are not episodes. I also tried to do several different applications (mostly retail) and was offered by New York and Company clothing. Omg I was so excited! I couldn't believe I could even pull this off considering I cannot even concentrate. The day of the interview...I choked. And it wasn't because I never worked before. I am used to being around people and performing tasks in front of people. I played d1 basketball in high school and have played in a gym of full seats from head to toe of the room. I am used to being on the spot!! But ever since I got into this Derealization trance, everything is scary. I have severe social anxiety.

I am not looking for a career right now because I would like to go back to school and get my AA and BA. and starting out with derealization I would like to know what jobs can I try to get while I am like this? I live in Riverside,Ca in the Inland Empire. I would really like to be in retail and I love fashion, but I am afraid that I will be stuck in a bad situation due to my brain fog and forgetfulness. Also, I struggle with interviews. How can I get good at them without freaking out because I can't concentrate?

So I need advice on jobs, where can I find one. And what is your technique on handling social interactions while feeling derealization? I can get so nervous now that I would just give up and start thinking negative like "I don't know why I thought I can work under this condition." I am 21 now i will be 22 in August, I need a job by then. And I need help on a strong resume. It is hard to even concentrate on any of these parts in my life.

Please help! Any any any advice would do. I am a strong minded person who had her whole life planned out since the age of 6. Sadly, this is the only thing standing in my way because the Career world is tough now and it's harder in this condition. Thank you for reading!!!

Love, Demi

default_large.png

Cawndog
Apr 29 2016 06:49 PM

Hey I'm just curious as to how you are doing today? Did you get a job? If you did, how is it going for you? I've been able to keep my job through this disorder, although I do make lots of mistakes. Not really a big deal though because its just a job at a grocery store.

default_large.png

yourstruly_demi
Jul 21 2016 01:42 AM

Hey I'm just curious as to how you are doing today? Did you get a job? If you did, how is it going for you? I've been able to keep my job through this disorder, although I do make lots of mistakes. Not really a big deal though because its just a job at a grocery store.
Hi I am so sorry for the late reply I didn't realize I had a message.

I am still the same and I tried to work a few months ago I got a job at DDs discount as a cashier and it was the worst thing ever. My derealization is 24/7 and now I am stuck not knowing what to do

default_large.png

Lexy13
Sep 04 2016 08:49 AM

I feel for you. It's hard to focus with dp. Everything is cut up into pieces for me and I can't see the whole. I started taking a stimulant like Ritalin and it feels a little helpful though I don't feel connected. I still want to hide but it gives me a little boost.

default_large.png

yourstruly_demi
Sep 09 2016 07:40 PM

That's good I am glad something is working for you. I go see the E.N.T. department soon so we will see how that goes and if they find anything I will do a blog on that:)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts