Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not tricking my mind but I feel like after 12 years I might be half way through recovery in only like a week. (Maybe in just tricking my mind but who cares I gotta stay positive)

I think one of my last big anxiety's.. what happens to all my "fogged" memories that I have made? My marriage, the birth of my kids. Do they become clear like they happened? Or do you forget them?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump~~~ would really like to know this, really only thing o am having anxiety about.. what should my memories feel like that I made with DP when my DP is gone

·
Registered
342 Posts
They should feel like normal members. Those who have truly recovered should have no memory of what DP “felt like”. DP is very much an “in the moment” thing.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm sure we would have heard it from people that have recovered if they lost their memories. I'm sure they feel like normal memories. When I think of my memories now of occasions when I had DP and didn't they feel the same, because memories by their nature are blurry in a sense. But maybe when I recover memories will become more clear and there will be a difference between DP memories and normal ones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts