Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few follow up questions too. Have you relapsed into these thoughts? Even if recovered, did the thoughts stay and just dont bother you anymore? Do the thoughts still depress you if you still get them? Did you start to care about life like you did before dpdr and the thoughts?

Currently my dpdr is pretty much gone but i still have these crippling thoughts about the universe and life that make it impossible to feel any passion for living. In fact it almost makes life and the universe seem sinister to me that it exists at all and i cant stop it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Holy cow, we are experiencing the same thing. I've recently just stopped caring about DP so it doesn't really affect me. However, I can't stop thinking about the point of life and it's hard to get through the day. I'm so happy that you've brought this up because we're going through it together.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy cow, we are experiencing the same thing. I've recently just stopped caring about DP so it doesn't really affect me. However, I can't stop thinking about the point of life and it's hard to get through the day. I'm so happy that you've brought this up because we're going through it together.
Im glad we arnt alone in this rn. Yeah dpdr isnt really affecting me anymore. Id say besides the existential stuff, im like 95% recovered. If you need someone to talk to, you can pm me.
I watched this video yesterday that really helped me feel better and knock a little sense into me. If your interested, heres the link:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im glad we arnt alone in this rn. Yeah dpdr isnt really affecting me anymore. Id say besides the existential stuff, im like 95% recovered. If you need someone to talk to, you can pm me.
I watched this video yesterday that really helped me feel better and knock a little sense into me. If your interested, heres the link:
I watched that guys videos and they made my day
icon_smile.gif
- Thanks. My thoughts are more about the "point in life", thoughts that everyone thinks at one point then gets on with life. I can't seem to "get on with life". He made a good point about people with DP has the part of the brain that is philosophical activated all the time, it makes sense. Luckily I've only had this since Christmas, here's to making a fast recovery I guess
icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
346 Posts
Omg this is me as well. Got DP/DR last August 2018 and i feel back to reality bit still have anxiety en existential questions. Wondering why I am in this body and so on.
Sounds like you're making good progress but not quite there yet. I feel like there are levels to DP where each level is significantly worse than the one below it, but you don't spend a lot of time in between.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Life is a terminal illness. No one gets out of here alive. Death is something that everyone will someday be successful at.

You can ruminate about death. You can fear death. You can philosophize about the beauty of life, and marvel at the intricacies of the universe.

Or, you can view humanity as a virus wearing shoes. In 100 years, what difference will it have made.

The clock is ticking. Always ticking.. tic, tic, tic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Life is a terminal illness. No one gets out of here alive. Death is something that everyone will someday be successful at.

You can ruminate about death. You can fear death. You can philosophize about the beauty of life, and marvel at the intricacies of the universe.

Or, you can view humanity as a virus wearing shoes. In 100 years, what difference will it have made.

The clock is ticking. Always ticking.. tic, tic, tic.
Although these pessimistic views aren't false, how do you get by living every day? I mean, what gives you drive to continue thinking like this, I think similarly all the time but then what is the point of life?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
What is the point of life? That's philisophical. At the primal level, seek pleasure and avoid pain. Consume, work, reproduce.

Free ranging chickens are given the run of the farm, so long as their behavior falls into acceptable norms.

Violaters will be deep fried.

How do I get by every day? I look at the suffering of others and I say to myself......thank god that's not me.......yet!

·
Registered
346 Posts
What is the point of life? That's philisophical. At the primal level, seek pleasure and avoid pain. Consume, work, reproduce.
Free ranging chickens are given the run of the farm, so long as their behavior falls into acceptable norms.
Violaters will be deep fried.
How do I get by every day? I look at the suffering of others and I say to myself......thank god that's not me.......yet!
Yeah that sounds like me when I was DPed. Don't tell people this on here. It doesn't help anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts