Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did your dpdr symptom go slowly or did you snap out of it ? Iv had this twice before and I snapped out of it twice which I see seems to be uncommon. I need this to go away again but it’s not changing at all :( Iv done basically everything Iv done the other two times ( besides being pregnant this time )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for making this thread I am wondering the same thing too after 12 years.

I first got DP while smoking weed, had it for a week and "insta snapped" out of it felt amazing, I was never an anxious person before it. But I started stressing like crazy that it was going to come back.. for hours I mailed over the feelings.. and boom I came right back in an instant and hasn't gone away for 12 years. I figured I "willed" my way in to if I can "will" my way out of it now I am more motivated then ever to think positive, supplement and try everythibg.

I am hoping I just "snap" out of it after 12 years again but I don't think I'm going to. I learned to accept if and for a lot of years never had much anxiety or stress about the DP itself. But it still never went away.

Now I am doing CBT , therapy and just trying to be more positive and constantly trying to ground my self in every situation. I know my DP/DR has crazy swing these last 2 weeks while going through everything. Sometimes I have DP like it feels like I "just got it" and don't know how to cope, and sometimes I feel like I'm just second from pulling myself back in reality, the only symtpom that for (only a few seconds) seems to be the 2d vision but everything will get bright with high contrast. Like I'm almost there, but then it doesn't come and I start thinking negatively again. I need to try to kick that's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for making this thread I am wondering the same thing too after 12 years.

I first got DP while smoking weed, had it for a week and "insta snapped" out of it felt amazing, I was never an anxious person before it. But I started stressing like crazy that it was going to come back.. for hours I mailed over the feelings.. and boom I came right back in an instant and hasn't gone away for 12 years. I figured I "willed" my way in to if I can "will" my way out of it now I am more motivated then ever to think positive, supplement and try everythibg.

I am hoping I just "snap" out of it after 12 years again but I don't think I'm going to. I learned to accept if and for a lot of years never had much anxiety or stress about the DP itself. But it still never went away.

Now I am doing CBT , therapy and just trying to be more positive and constantly trying to ground my self in every situation. I know my DP/DR has crazy swing these last 2 weeks while going through everything. Sometimes I have DP like it feels like I "just got it" and don't know how to cope, and sometimes I feel like I'm just second from pulling myself back in reality, the only symtpom that for (only a few seconds) seems to be the 2d vision but everything will get bright with high contrast. Like I'm almost there, but then it doesn't come and I start thinking negatively again. I need to try to kick that's.
good if you able to push your self back in reality for seconds, than you can turn it into minutes, that hours, than days, it is great, keep pushing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.