Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys deal with it. what do you do to calm down and make it go away.
My biggest fear is, to stay on that attack.
With the chronic dp its going better but these attacks really scares me.
And make me fall back a lot.

I mean the attacks you have extrem dp who last a few second I always call it like you are to conscious about your own me.
When I was little I sometimes get them because I was thinking about life.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhm its so difficult to explain.
Its very scary and its something that can't stay.

Its like dp but 1000 times worse.
Like you are to conscious about your own self.
First I only had then when I was alone. That's why I couldn't be alone without my phone.
Now I have them a lot. Because I think about it all the time and i'm so afraid of them

10 Posts
Uhm its so difficult to explain.
Its very scary and its something that can't stay.

Its like dp but 1000 times worse.
Like you are to conscious about your own self.
First I only had then when I was alone. That's why I couldn't be alone without my phone.
Now I have them a lot. Because I think about it all the time and i'm so afraid of them
Whenever I have them I try to get myself to calm down and forget about it.. I go on my phone and play a game or talk to someone.. Or if all else fails listen to calming music or your favorite song.. I usually forget about till right before I go to bed, then I end up obsessing over it till I fall asleep.. :'(

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you imagine a thought - time curve aren't these attacks like peaks, at which you almost lose your "I" and thoughts/feelings go automatically? i know this. nothing unusual.. this was my main simpthom during most of the time.. they can be broad, where "I" is still present, that you may even not notice you have them, or high/sharp where I is almost lost and thoughts go automatically so you can not influence on the contents

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm so happy I'm not the only one who have these "attacks ".

I still think sometimes I'm the only one in the world.

Thanks mr dream for the tips

/

SamodrotAgressivoDrot : what did you do to distract you from it

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is not necessary, and nearly impossible to distract FROM THEM, because they actually ARE the distraction from something(from some psychological issues in subconscious mind). Distraction from distraction? They are there to distract you, so don't react on them, don't feed the cycle. Distraction works because you distract from those psychological issues that they are distracting you from, and because you change and get rid of your _reaction_ on them(awaiting, scared etc), which is feeding the cycle. So - be present, live your life(better in a way you usually wood, as if you are not sick and don't have any sympthoms at all), occupy yourself. Don't behave according to them - for example if they stop you from doing anything, scare you, try to make you feel sick etc (don't feed this mechanism). Learning how to cope with them won't take 1 day but if you do it long enough and in right way, eventually they will decrease significantly and may dissapear. Also it is i think crucial to find the right way how to deal with them. Wrong way may give no or a little result (That's why there is direction of psychotherapy called CBT (cognitive-behavioral therapy)) So i hope you understand me right and hopefully i did not forget anything(it was long ago with me). But If after enough time they still don't go away, that means you have psychological issues. And if you don't want to be an always busy "distractoholic" - you should work with those suppressed psychological issues that cause them and resolve them. It is very difficult(but still possible) to find these issues by yourself, better do it with a psychotherapist. Feel free to ask any questions if you will have any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I yell out something really loud, it probably makes me look weird to other people, but it seems to help "snap me back" if you know what i mean.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hihi I try ;)

I know I have to let them be. But its soooo scary.
I had cbt and I was dp free and didn't had these attacks for two years.I even went to work on my bike without my phone.
But after very hard and stressful year it suddenly came back.
I got afraid of the attacks, thinking about it all day and then I got dp 24/7 back.

I think my mind was to tired so I got to afraid. Couldn't be strong to face them any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts