Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls
Im not sure if anyone else notices a huge increase in their anxiety which then causes worsen of dp dr around there periods .

Im mid cycle now and i feel near normal today like the dp dr is minimal , and i know when pms starts in going to feel crazy all over again anyone else notices this ? .

I've seen so many doctors about this and all I get is its normal pms BUT it's absolutely hell also its not just during pms its during my period and a few days after its finished , I get like 8 days off NORMAL ISH .

Just seeing if any other ladies experience this im so over it i cant stop my hormones.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh come on theres gotta be at least 1 chick on here that has a anxiety disorder and get worse ANXIETY during pms

No anwsers anymore
Im always replying to people's posts !!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,

Your serotonin levels decrease when estrogen and progresterone decrease, which is what happens during your periods, so both your reward system (mood) and cognitive functions are affected. Periods don't affect all women with the same intensity, maybe they do affect you a lot which in case of DP / DR makes you feel worse. Even though I'm not one I don't think most women either like or feel confortable talking about their periods so that might be why you didn't get answers yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
At first I would get really nasty dpdr around and during my period. The past few months have been pretty mild, no change in anxiety or dpdr. I've talked to other girls that notice worse dpdr during their period, so I would say it's pretty common for the ladies on here! I'm a bio student so I have no problem talking about this stuff haha!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bree123
Lol me to i have no prob talking about this subject its natural after all
Thanks for the reply its good to know I'm not alone on this one ☺

·
Registered
67 Posts
Haha no worries! I'm very open, I probably gross people out. I mean, most women get their period, everybody poops, what's the big deal? ????
You're definitely not alone! I can never sleep during my period so that makes dpdr bad. But like PossessedBanana said, hormone and serotin levels change and then make anxiety and dpdr worse. I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My anxiety and mood get so much worse before and during my period - I get so agitated and can get panicky. I think for those with dp/dr & anxiety it feels so much worse because we're already in such a bad place. :(

Reactions: allison84

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes me to i get so agitated then it causes me anxiety , because i dont like the anger im feeling .
Honest i feel that if i wasn't so affected by my period, I wouldn't have dp dr .

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Musicaelectronica
Yes i do feel worse the week leading up to ovulation i honesty feel like I have 8 days a month were i feel ok .
My hormones triggered of my OCD and panic attacks back in November 2015 and ive had dr dp since then .
I've had hormone blood tests and everything is ok , but from what ive read whats normal for the doctors may not be right for you with your hormones .
I dont no what to do because i start to feel a bit better every month , then my hormones make me go 100 steps back.
I have read that cutting out estrogen raising foods can help so no dairy , meats , chicken ect 2 weeks leading up to your period , I'm going to try it but its going to be difficult cause i love dairy and meat .

·
Registered
178 Posts
allison84: Thank you so much for your reply,
Good to know it's not just me experiencing this a week before ovulation. I'm too sure it's about the hormones. Especially estrogen that are rising at this time.
Thanks a lot for the good tip about food,will definitely give it a try

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Musicaelectronica
No problem i know how bad it can get being female is harder i believe
Im currently just started pms im messy today, my hands are temberling and i have a constant feeling of doom plus im highly agitated.
Im going to start that diet change today because i have to do something different.
I hope it helps you to ☺☺☺

·
Registered
178 Posts
Musicaelectronica
No problem i know how bad it can get being female is harder i believe
Im currently just started pms im messy today, my hands are temberling and i have a constant feeling of doom plus im highly agitated.
Im going to start that diet change today because i have to do something different.
I hope it helps you to ☺☺☺
I know exactly how you're feeling,i'm on the week before ovulation ,it's awful
hope it gets better for us soon
It's definitely worth a try with the diet change!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I just got my hormones checked because of this. I feel like it's worse a week or 2 before,during, and right after so I'm waiting on the results. Maybe there's a connection. Who knows.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yep, I get higher anxiety levels during my time of the month and then with anxiety attacks comes feeling DP. My whole body hates me I guess. Lmao can't even have a break during a painful crampy time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts