Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The fluorescent lights won't resolve themselves. They will be replaced by LEDs in the next decade. Some localities have stopped selling incandescents already.

I have replaced everything in my home with LEDs. On the other hand, your temporal lobe might resolve itself to the point where it is no longer super sensitive to flickering lights.

I got dp/dr following epileptic seizures as a teen Into my early 20s, I had difficulty in box stores due to fluorescent lights, chrome and mirrors. I also had difficulty driving through

tunnels, as I had tunneling hallucinations during my seizures. I pushed on, and my brain adapted to where those environments no longer caused anxiety....but it did take years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything does...But some symptoms are more persistent than others and tend to take longer to go away
yeah I don't think it helps the fact that I'm coming off of klonopin and an antipsychotic right now either, probably just exasperates the issue, but I have hope that this symptom will go away eventually too.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
yeah I don't think it helps the fact that I'm coming off of klonopin and an antipsychotic right now either, probably just exasperates the issue, but I have hope that this symptom will go away eventually too.
abby im wondering why you are coming off the medicines?

Just be careful because a classic mistake people make is they think they are doing really well and have forgotten that maybe the medicine was really helping and doing alot of the work in their recovery...Some people find that they can crash and burn as a result...

Just be careful about stopping meds without proper supervison...It can be a recipe for disaster...

I would also be a bit concerned that you are dropping both drugs at once...

Honestly if you truly want to come off meds it has to be a very slow gradual weening process...

Be careful please...For your own sake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts