Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I’ve been suffering from DP for 30 yrs and have only just now been diagnosed with it - 30 yrs of feeling mad and crazy ! So I’m in the throes of trying to find ways to control or cope with my thoughts - my initial issue is the loss of mental control , fear and over thinking everything- could any recommend how to handle these thoughts ? I’m doing research from books etc but was hoping to get some advice from actual fellow sufferers? Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions that r offered up

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had DP since I was about 10 years old. I'm 54 now. Confidence, routine and spouse have been the greatest aids in my DP. Confidence in your craft/job or whatever identifies you mostly as a person is most important to me. When DP hits... your inner voice says... "Hey, I've got this. I can do this in my sleep".

Frankly, I've gotten older and I'm so used to it that I just 'carry on'. That's one reason that I wanted to join this discussion before I forget how bad it used to be. I get along pretty well now except for the times when the DP just wears me down. I would just like to 'wake up' from the fog... lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts