Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts

Not sure why im doing this, i guess just something to kill time. These past few weeks have been kinda difficult, depression has been bugging me. When i get like that i tend to dwell on the negatives of DP. What kills me the most is how it not only affects me day to day, but it took my past too. I can't retreat back to childhood memories when things like this were nonexistent in my little world. But even they are a dream now, or just another man's memories. Ive always explained that feeling like this; It feels like you just woke up with no memory of your past or who you are and someone tells you every detail of everyday of someones life with visual images up until a point, and then they just tell you that everything they said was your life. Your just left there trying to wrap your head around it.

Another point, one about what its like day to day. I feel like im operating purely on muscle memory. Ive read that DP is natural, the feeling arising normally when one is in a dangerous situation. I believe that this is because in that state of DP you operate on muscle memory, making you less likely to make a mistake while fleeing or fighting in that situation. Like your mind has retreated away and left your body to act on its own.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts