Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need help. I literally have no one. My parents have said they can’t help me. Doctors and therapists are not helpful. I lay here not able to breathe. I mean that literally. Not trouble breathing, like not able to breathe. Breathing is not happening period. My body is choking me. My body makes no sense. It’s truly uncomfortable to do anything right now. Please if anyone else is in Mn and has found any relief please let me know ASAP!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Idk if it's an actual physical problem that you have or a symptom of a panic attack. After googling , I found that

The following disorders may be associated with Depersonalization Disorder as secondary characteristics.

Panic-Anxiety Syndrome (Panic Disorder) is characterized by recurrent attacks of intense fear or discomfort beginning without warning. These attacks typically begin with the sudden onset of intense apprehension, fear, terror, or discomfort without apparent cause. At least four of the following symptoms may occur: shortness of breath (dyspnea) or smothering sensations; dizziness, unsteady feelings, or faintness; choking; palpitations or accelerated heart rate; trembling or shaking; sweating; nausea or abdominal distress; loss of one's sense of self (depersonalization) or feelings of unreality; numbness or tingling sensations (paresthesias); flushes (hot flashes) or chills; chest pain or discomfort; etc. (For more information, choose "Panic-Anxiety Syndrome" as your search term in the Rare Disease Database.)

So, if it's due to panic, I can only recommend to try to calm down and take something against the anxiety or something herbal like rescue remedy from Bach flowers.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk if it's an actual physical problem that you have or a symptom of a panic attack. After googling , I found that
The following disorders may be associated with Depersonalization Disorder as secondary characteristics.

Panic-Anxiety Syndrome (Panic Disorder) is characterized by recurrent attacks of intense fear or discomfort beginning without warning. These attacks typically begin with the sudden onset of intense apprehension, fear, terror, or discomfort without apparent cause. At least four of the following symptoms may occur: shortness of breath (dyspnea) or smothering sensations; dizziness, unsteady feelings, or faintness; choking; palpitations or accelerated heart rate; trembling or shaking; sweating; nausea or abdominal distress; loss of one's sense of self (depersonalization) or feelings of unreality; numbness or tingling sensations (paresthesias); flushes (hot flashes) or chills; chest pain or discomfort; etc. (For more information, choose "Panic-Anxiety Syndrome" as your search term in the Rare Disease Database.)

So, if it's due to panic, I can only recommend to try to calm down and take something against the anxiety or something herbal like rescue remedy from Bach flowers.
Yes I feel terror a lot from PTSD.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I also feel paralyzed and fear bc I can’t feel my body. So I don’t what I am supposed to do. I can’t feel my body bc of PTSD and the feeling of not feeling my body scares me half to death!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts