Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know the whole 'thinking the world is fake' thing is a common DP/DR symptom and a lot of people go through it, but does anyone else ever think/feel like that maybe it's a test and that if they gave in and actually genuinely started considering whether or not the world is fake and started to accept that it was that you would see the 'real' truth and find out that it was.

Like, if you genuinely contemplated whether the world was real that you would pass a 'test' and it would be revealed to you that it was fake.

Sorry, this doesn't make much sense but I would appreciate any replies if you relate!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, I can relate to this line of thinking. Sometimes it somewhat frightens me. That, reality might be fake - and the test is simply - when you genuinely accepts that reality is fake - then the REAL reality will reveal itself.

So sometimes my thoughts can be like:.. "naah.. I won't accept it just yet.. because I dont know what will be revealed, and I like my life the way it is.". Kind if like, it's difficult to accept that you're gonna die some time. You don't feel ready for it - yet.

It's not something I give alot of thought, tho.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.