Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this for two and a half weeks and new here and very scared!! Does anyone else feel like confused all the time like they seriously don't know who they are, and who the people around them are? And feel like when u think of the person u was before before this happened that u don't know who they are and tell yourself that was the old me or that is apparently suppose to be me but i'll never be that person again or convince yourself that thats not u? I feel like i'm basically screwed and just feel like crying I've been trying not to think like that but even if i walk through the house i'll look around and feel deja vu and be like the old me was here before but i'll never be the old me again and those thoughts just scared the hell out of me i feel like crying and feel so screwed in the mind and feel hopeless like i'll never be that old me again. Even when people say my name i say to myself thats apparently my name so i better respond but it doesn't even feel like my name! Please someone tell me this is all normal for DP/DR i'm so scared and don't wanna go on like this anymore!!! :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
It's all normal buddy. At the beginning of dp I was the same way. It goes away after a while. You being scared just goes back to anxiety. It's just a feeling that's all. Just try to calm down.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It's all part of the DP. You'll be okay. It will get better. Try hard to stay busy and don't think about how weird it is. I do understand exactly what you are going through and many other people on this forum do also so your not alone. I know its a lot easier said then done but try to stay as calm as possible. If you don't mind me asking... How old are you? What do you think may have triggered your DP and is this your first episode having it? Hang in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts