Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does my mind make me feel guilty and anxious when I try and relax at home? Is it my mind just playing tricks on me? It's one of the reasons I can't fully relax.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of thoughts make you anxious? Is it a feeling of general stress and guilt that you have?
It sucks because when I try and figure out what thoughts make me guilty or anxious I can never find any. It's just the feeling I get. I guess it's because my home doesn't feel the same anymore. Ugggh this all sucks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
forgive yourself and maybe you can even find the strength to forgive others
That's just it I forgive everyone even when they don't deserve it. My girlfriend cheated on me 3 times and I still forgave her. Then she broke up with me. I'm just mentally and physically exhausted and I just don't know how much more I can take of this honestly.

·
Banned
37 Posts
That's just it I forgive everyone even when they don't deserve it. My girlfriend cheated on me 3 times and I still forgave her. Then she broke up with me. I'm just mentally and physically exhausted and I just don't know how much more I can take of this honestly.
forgive yourself for trusting other people, forgive your ex-girlfriend learn from your mistakes and move on that's all you can do. Wisdom isn't knowing it's doing so make the right decisions which will benefit yourself. You need self respect from the sound of it you can forgive people who wrong you but if you don't respect yourself enough to learn from your mistakes then you're only going to end up hurting yourself even more. Feeling guilty will get you absolutely nowhere it will only perpetuate the cycle of sin against yourself. You can't carry guilt with you, you can't put the cross on your back and take on the worlds problems like Jesus. That's not your problem you must do what is best for you and being guilty is not what you need to be doing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forgive yourself for trusting other people, forgive your ex-girlfriend learn from your mistakes and move on that's all you can do. Wisdom isn't knowing it's doing so make the right decisions which will benefit yourself. You need self respect from the sound of it you can forgive people who wrong you but if you don't respect yourself enough to learn from your mistakes then you're only going to end up hurting yourself even more. Feeling guilty will get you absolutely nowhere it will only perpetuate the cycle of sin against yourself. You can't carry guilt with you, you can't put the cross on your back and take on the worlds problems like Jesus. That's not your problem you must do what is best for you and being guilty is not what you need to be doing.
Thank you so much for your reply. I just wish I knew how to forgive myself.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Guilt is not necessarily a rational emotion. I have felt extreme guilt in conjunction with my depressive episodes. It was irrational. I had no reason to feel guilty. I think it was in Nancy Andreasen's book "The Broken Brain" where she describe an office worker who was experiencing guilt associated with a depressive episode.

Over the years, she had taken a few inexpensive items, like pens and pencils, home from the office. Seeking relief from her guilt, she confessed to her boss. The boss laughed at her and reminded her she had been a faithful and productive employee for 25 years. So, she next went to the police station and turned herself in.

Irrational feelings of guilt and hopelessness are symptoms of depression. On the other hand, if you have a reason to feel guilty, go right ahead. Just remember that mass murderers, serial killers, and child mmolesters are sleeping like babies in the penitentiary.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Thank you so much for your reply. I just wish I knew how to forgive myself.
Try to let it go forgive the demons in your head

it's like depression it's like quicksand the more you try to pull yourself out the deeper you will sink the more you dwell on depression which is associated with guilt shame fear etc the deeper you will sink in life.

You can't fly with a bunch of weight attached to you, you have to be as light as possible if you want to soar as high as you can go in life. Don't let anyone drop their weight, their sins on you. Be good to yourself and yourself will be good to you, be bad to yourself and yourself will be bad to you. It's all very simple in theory it just takes the wisdom to do it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guilt is not necessarily a rational emotion. I have felt extreme guilt in conjunction with my depressive episodes. It was irrational. I had no reason to feel guilty. I think it was in Nancy Andreasen's book "The Broken Brain" where she describe an office worker who was experiencing guilt associated with a depressive episode.
Over the years, she had taken a few inexpensive items, like pens and pencils, home from the office. Seeking relief from her guilt, she confessed to her boss. The boss laughed at her and reminded her she had been a faithful and productive employee for 25 years. So, she next went to the police station and turned herself in.
Irrational feelings of guilt and hopelessness are symptoms of depression. On the other hand, if you have a reason to feel guilty, go right ahead. Just remember that mass murderers, serial killers, and child mmolesters are sleeping like babies in the penitentiary.
That's one of the things that makes me upset the most. I've been a pretty good person my whole life. Appologizing when I didn't need to apologize. I drive people around everywhere. Never do I ask for anything in return.

·
Banned
37 Posts
That's one of the things that makes me upset the most. I've been a pretty good person my whole life. Appologizing when I didn't need to apologize. I drive people around everywhere. Never do I ask for anything in return.
You're trying to be good to everyone but yourself ? How could you love someone if you can't love yourself first ? Stop trying to be Jesus on the cross people take advantage of people who can be taken advantage of and in the end you're left a victim of your own good to others. Whether that's a psychological trait which a person uses to try to attain some sort of suffering wisdom I don't know but I do know that some people subconsciously want to be that Jesus on the cross character taking on the worlds sins and putting it on their backs then feeling guilty for being part of something they had nothing to do with in the first place. You are not the one NEO you're just another guy don't punish yourself.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Why does my mind make me feel guilty and anxious when I try and relax at home? Is it my mind just playing tricks on me? It's one of the reasons I can't fully relax.
There are two sides to guilt:

1. Guilty over the actions that you've done.
  2. Guilty over the actions that you haven't done.

People forget about the latter a lot of the time, but it's just as powerful as the former. Depression, anxiety, and unreality all exhibit a similar symptom among people, which is an overwhelming lack of motivation. At my worst points, I won't do anything productive for a good two weeks. I'll constantly move my schedule around so that I can be lazy even more. I feel guilty at that point, knowing that I've wasted those two weeks just because I didn't have the strength to actually get on with my life.

Do you think this may be the reason why you're feeling guilty?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I went for months with guilt feeling with the crap started! It faded after about 6 months. And I think the medication helped. There’s a connection with guilt and depression. Even tho I never suffered from any disorders before this, Dp/dr did give me depression and according to my psychiatrist depression symptoms don’t just disappear right away. Somedo get better but other symptoms linger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts