Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post this because I'm curious how it feels once depersonalization is gone. I've been trapped in this constant dp fog for about 2 years + now and I actually think I'm feeling a little better. I workout 5 times a week and my diet is amazing at the moment. Since I started this regimen the intensity has started to go down a little bit. I've always felt like working out and diet has always been the cure for me as my DP was induced by having about 1 million severe panic attacks. I don't feel great at the moment but I think that's mainly because I'm on a lower dose of Lorazepam then I have been in about a year. I've taken the medication for about 3 years everyday and things were so bad at one point that the 4 mg I was taking daily was the only thing keeping me from killing myself. I'm only taking 1.5 mgs a day now and although it's slightly miserable at the moment the sense of hope I get is amazing. I'm wondering if anyone can give me insight on how it will feel if i actually do completely come out of this state? Is it amazing? I feel as if it will be the best day of my life and somewhat of a rebirth. If anybody could share there experiences with coming out of DP that would be great.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's the best thing ever... You return to exactly who you were before the dp/dr even started...Everything seems so wonderful and you can finally be happy.

Sadly I've relapsed back into dp/dr after 'recovering'

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's the best thing ever... You return to exactly who you were before the dp/dr even started...Everything seems so wonderful and you can finally be happy.

Sadly I've relapsed back into dp/dr after 'recovering'
That's sad to hear man I'm truly sorry. Do you mind me asking how it happened? Even though were both suffering right now you have no idea how good your reply made me feel. In all honesty I can't even imagine going back to my normal self and I pray to god it happens. It was a slow process right? Or did you slowly recover then one day just woke up feeling normal? It's just a weird concept for me to grasp because I've been trapped in this state for so long this is normal to me now. I just can't wait to get out of this. People just really don't understand how horrible it is. Hope you start feeling better soon!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
To be honest with you, I don't think I can give you any helpful advice... it's all a confusing process for me, and probably happened in the wrong way... I got dp/dr one morning when I was I believed around the age of 10... I remember very well waking up that morning and feeling different and just like crap, I thought to myself I'm just ill it will blow over by tomorrow, but no it was still there and has been there ever since... Nothing traumatic has really happened to me, I had a great childhood my parents divorced when I was the age of 3 but that had little effect on me... I'm 18 now, my mother suffers from schizophrenia and also has dp/dr, I can't say that I have experienced schizophrenia but I do sometimes wonder, I got into a 'serious' relationship when I was 14 and prolonged it when I maybe shouldn't had.. Considering how it made me dp/dr 100x worse, I believe it developed into severe depression and also insomnia, but it made no sense to me considering the guy was great and he didn't do anything in which should of made me feel that way... just the thought of being in a relationship made me feel ill and I don't know why... after the 3 years of being on and off with this guy... me going to doctors getting anti depressants any never once thinking that the guy was the problem, I got to a breaking point in the beginning of last year when I decided I had to end it completely with him and break off every form of contact, once that happened... instantly right there and then as soon as I told him... GONE

yes I know it may make absolutely no sense at all... but my guess is that dp/dr can make anything seem stressful when in reality it's really not, and it made the relationship I was in seem like it was the most stressful thing in existence so I believe that everything coincided within the relationship and once that was taken away I felt HAPPY and MYSELF again.

But I went through last year going from violently happy to okay..too not so good.. and now I'm back to this dp state, even though it wasn't as bad as before...It's

still so distressing and confusing.

I'm sorry this may sound a bit odd and such I know it does to me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts