Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yep. Same for me. Usually around 11AM-noon though for me. Seems to get earlier each day and last longer. I had a long stretch today of no DP today and it was great. It really looks like I'm gonna beat this.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Its generally accepted that people who suffer with mental ill health tend to feel worse in the morning time because they tend to not get proper sleep if they get any at all...

I myself definitely feel better from early afternoon into the evening...

My brain takes hours to kick into gear each day....I put it down to two things...Firstly my sleep quality is crap and secondly i take my medicine first thing each day and i believe it takes a few hours for it to kick in properly...(The second reason is just a theory though)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I start to feel better towards the evening time. I usually hit the gym around 7 with a good friend of mine. After a good work out and some conversation my evenings feel a lot better.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Am I the only person who feels better in the morning? Not right when I wake up, but I'd say that I feel the best between 10 AM - 2 PM. Then I start getting progressively more and more tired and the DP becomes worse. I find it helpful to exercise in the evening for this reason.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Am I the only person who feels better in the morning? Not right when I wake up, but I'd say that I feel the best between 10 AM - 2 PM. Then I start getting progressively more and more tired and the DP becomes worse. I find it helpful to exercise in the evening for this reason.
I will admit the DP does tend to crop back up when I get tired. Seems to be a window during the day where's it's either barely noticeable or not there at all. The window seems to be getting larger every day for me. Like, it used to be for maybe a couple hours midday. Today it was from about 11 - 7. I won't say there wasn't any DP symptoms in that time, but I can say that I felt normal.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
http://uweb.cas.usf.edu/mood/docs/peeters_2006_emotion.pdf

diurnal mood variation is not uncommon during major depressive episodes. My circadian rhythms would be altered significantly and would be replaced with depressed mood

in the am, followed by some lifting of symptoms in the pm. I brought these symptoms to the attention of my psychiatrist and he simply said "diurnal", as if recalling a lesson

from his intern days.

·
Administrator
944 Posts
My mood could vary a lot during the day at times. I would usually have a crash about 6pm then feel better by the end of the night. Mornings were okay. I had thought it might be some circadian rhythm thing, in part anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts