Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) I'm depressed
2) why am I depressed?)
3) Because I feel life is meaningless. Deep discontentment with everything. Can't tolerate life. Depressed at the suffering in this world. And it just came on.

Question: is this dp existential thinking? Is this dp at all? Have you had this or something similar,getting depressed over odd topics?

·
Registered
344 Posts
DP certainly made me depressed. Was right there in the same boat with you. Feeling a little down right now myself. Low energy and stressed, no motivation.

·
Registered
978 Posts
"Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year:" (goes on to say anxiety or depression)

You aren't alone, most of us feel it. Without an AD I can't get rid of the black dog. Depression is wider spread but defiantly a DP symptom from my experience, as with a lot of mental health options, there is a word i can't think of right now, but it's your external factors, they play a part, diet, lifestyle, human needs, safety, love, belonging, esteem and then there is a straight up chemical factor. For me, it takes both but 3 months into an anti depressant I am a new man than I was, so for me it's very chemical, doesn't seem much I can do. I was depressed before DP, it just wasn't as noticeable to me. More distractions, no health issues, few factors like that. If you haven't considered an AD i'd give that some thought... if you are on one, well it's obviously not working. Even feeling disconnected, when my AD was working, I still enjoyed things.

A few of the things you mention are also anxiety, suffering in the world, existernal thinking etc, yeah can be both for sure, but when your anxiety is high I find both these get rather heavy... like I won't watch the news, the simplest of things just makes me think, what is with this place, you know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts