Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I do, absolutely. Last summer the feeling of being trapped was horrendous, it was like I needed to escape my brain I felt very desperate.. I'm still very aware of all the stuff that made me feel trapped but it's not as bad now. What is making you feel trapped?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I was trapped. For 40 years, I thought a cannabis intoxication gone wrong was the reason my life changed drastically. Little did I know, that during my 1st cannabis intoxication, I suffered severe temporal lobe seizures.

I had an unexpected and uninvited guest attend my initial cannabis party. Was it purely circumstantial? Who can say. I was not symptomatic prior to this trauma. My EEG now shows significant pathology in my dominant temporal lobe.

During my initial seizures, I had about 30 epileptic discharges in 3 minutes. Did they damage my temporal lobe? Sure seems that way. I suffered focal temporal lobe seizures for 40 years and I thought they were flashbacks or panic attacks

caused by the severity of my initial trauma. What I think happened, is that the cannabis triggered the seizures, but also moderated them so I did not lose consciousness. I was going through automation type movements,

because I was beside myself with fear and I was bobbing in and out of consciousness like a drowning person gasping for air. I was trapped because I desperately needed intervention, but the cavalry never showed.

The medical community was no help. The mental health community was worthless. I finally solved my own riddle by googling case histories in neurological journals. That's where I found one exactly like mine.

It gave a pass to the medical and mental health community by noting my syndrome was "difficult to diagnose". Well, I had no problem diagnosing myself when I was exposed to that case history.

And the diagnostics I ordered confirmed my self diagnosis of malignant epileptic syndrome comorbid with major depression. And medical science knows no more than they did 40 years ago about how and

why this shit happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts