Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Curious. I feel the same way. I can't even remember how I derived to the conclusion that it was DP/DR. I don't remember any steps or procedures, any websites or anecdotes. It just unfolded...as the days passed I realized what was going on with me and for the last three months I've been doing my research on the subject.

Funny thing is, I know exactly how it felt before being DP and I remember my memories, and they are vivid, and for a moment they bring some short-lived clarity.

I did know about ego, void, detachment and disassociation but never dug deep into the subject except for Buddhism.

I remember the panic attack that set things in motion but I can't remember when this thing started BUT I have evidence in my text messages which tell me when it actually happened which was two days later.

Interesting. We should definitely look into this. Are our brains protecting us from some traumatic on-set of this condition? Or is DP, ironically, the cause of this memory loss in the first place?

I'd also like to know if others remember ever looking up this thing prior to having it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Curious. I feel the same way. I can't even remember how I derived to the conclusion that it was DP/DR. I don't remember any steps or procedures, any websites or anecdotes. It just unfolded...as the days passed I realized what was going on with me and for the last three months I've been doing my research on the subject.
Funny thing is, I know exactly how it felt before being DP and I remember my memories, and they are vivid, and for a moment they bring some short-lived clarity.

I did know about ego, void, detachment and disassociation but never dug deep into the subject except for Buddhism.

I remember the panic attack that set things in motion but I can't remember when this thing started BUT I have evidence in my text messages which tell me when it actually happened which was two days later.

Interesting. We should definitely look into this. Are our brains protecting us from some traumatic on-set of this condition? Or is DP, ironically, the cause of this memory loss in the first place?
I'd also like to know if others remember ever looking up this thing prior to having it.
I feel like I can't remember life before dp but you say you can. How does it feel for you? Can you remember what normal felt like? Like just the overall feeling of being alive and living is so foreign to me and it freaks me out when I try to remember life before this because it feels like it never existed. I have memories but I don't feel like their my memories.

·
Registered
158 Posts
this is so weird.... i cant understand why this happens and what this is. i feel like im going to die. or that im not even alive anymore. but im somehow still here!? i cant remember anything. then i sometimes hear a voice which says that this is not real... and its like this have to happen but it doesent makes any sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.