Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, a few days ago I wrote my story here on my account , I am still recovering, but there is a thought that haunts me constantly ...Can DPDR come back after a few years of being recovered? Is there a way to don't make it come back? I'm afraid it may come back even stronger.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Nobody can´t really say if you will experience it again or what to prevent it from coming. Distraction is likely the best one can do. You know the symptoms and what it is. Many didn't know for many, many years and became more sympathetic due to it. But, it is only a question of time before more it know about the networks implicated in the brain and how to manipulated and normalize them with brain-stimulation. There are new brain-stimulation technologies under way for particularly refractory ( 15% of depression can not be treated today) and these will likely also be tried in depersonalization disorder. So, if you go into a chronic state in a few years it will likely be a treatable condition at that time. I am partly italian by the way. My family lives in Marche.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody can´t really say if you will experience it again or what to prevent it from coming. Distraction is likely the best one can do. You know the symptoms and what it is. Many didn't know for many, many years and became more sympathetic due to it. But, it is only a question of time before more it know about the networks implicated in the brain and how to manipulated and normalize them with brain-stimulation. There are new brain-stimulation technologies under way for particularly refractory ( 15% of depression can not be treated today) and these will likely also be tried in depersonalization disorder. So, if you go into a chronic state in a few years it will likely be a treatable condition at that time. I am partly italian by the way. My family lives in Marche.
Thanks for answering ... I don't think my state is chronic (or at least I hope not), I've never had episodes of DR before this, and I've never suffered from anxiety or panic attacks. I think it's a momentary thing. And I can't wait for it to fade away... but anyway I love the Marche, I've been there a couple of times, I live in Sicily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts