Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in finding out how many of you have this problem -

Do you have trouble picturing, in your mind's eye, people's faces? Even though you know them really well?

Is it anyone in particular, or is it after a certain amount of time after you've seen them?

Thanks for any response!

G

· Registered
131 Posts
I think I can't picture ANYONE's face in my mind(Not correctly - when I try to picture details of some face, they look like from some cartoon or something). But the more familiar the person I try to picture is, the more it worries me that I can't do it..

· Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go on...tell me...( although I think I may be able to guess!!!!)

Seriously - I like to hear both perspectives...I take on board a lot of what you say Homeskooled. Personally, anything that brings us closer to understanding this crap and I'm all ears.

· Registered
891 Posts
G-funk,
Dp is just one of the symptoms of dysfunction in this area of the brain. The hippocampus is also in this lobe, and it is where memories are stored. I'd be a rich man if I had a penny for every time someone on this forum complains about memory issues. Yes, G-funk, I am reading your mind, and you are correct. It is indeed the temporal lobe....you must be taking at least some of what I say on-board.

Peace
Homeskooled :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.