Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my symptoms are almost gone other than slight visual annoyances. I have very little anxiety about it and I’m almost 100% cured, but I still off and depressed. I don’t feel fully connected, and existential questions plague me a little bit. Nothing like it was at the beginning though, and for that I am thankful. But, will this random depression and feeling of discomfort go away with complete recovery? And any advice as to how I should push that along? I didn’t experience depression and anxiety before this happened, and it was triggered by a weed-induced panic attack. It’s also only been about a month.

·
Registered
445 Posts
No reason why it shoukdn't go away, as long as you continue with good self-care. Drinking enough water, good diet and stay off any drugs for the time being, even alcohol if you can help it as its a depressant. Also, one month is a really good turn-around for weed induced DP. My first episode lasted 6 months i think you will be fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
No reason why it shoukdn't go away, as long as you continue with good self-care. Drinking enough water, good diet and stay off any drugs for the time being, even alcohol if you can help it as its a depressant. Also, one month is a really good turn-around for weed induced DP. My first episode lasted 6 months i think you will be fine
I feel a little better, but do you ever feel completely normal again? I just feel a little off, like not fully myself, and do you have any advice as to what I should do next?

·
Registered
445 Posts
My experience of DP has been one of relapses and recoveries over the years. I can say when you are fully recovered you feel absolutely fine again, which, given how bad DP can be, feels incredible when it comes about. Your mind and body have taken a battering and your nerves are still a little fried, which is why you still feel low, the best advice I can give is to really not worry about it and accept it as a phase that's going to be around a little while, think months not years. Also try not to be so internally focussed. It's very easy to think of nothing but yourself when you're DPd' but worry only adds more stress to the system. I found in the past that once I accepted it and carried on regardless, and put my focus onto the real world again (work, hobbies, movies, women) that's when it really begins to improve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts