Depersonalization Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and i just want to get some feedback on what I could possibly do to find the cause of/heal of my dp/dr.

So this all started a few months ago in December during university finals week. The night before one of my finals, I got severe food poisoning that had me vomiting constantly until the morning (i know how this happened, and it was mostly my fault for eating 5hr old pizza but that's besides the point). Ever since that day, nothing has seemed quite as real as it used to. Christmas came and went, and although I celebrated it felt very insignificant (which is not normal for me since it's a holiday I typically enjoy a lot) during winter break I only felt relieved for one brief week, it was such a beautiful and relaxing week after Christmas/before new years, and then unfortunately, I haven't felt as good as I did during that mini-recovery since, it's been completely downhill from there.

Whenever I wen't home for spring break, I felt completely and utterly numb, for context I go to school in a relatively large city 4hrs away from my home and I live in an extremely small town so the fact that I felt nothing after such a dramatic change was very troubling and depressing, especially considering the fact that I don't get to go home often. When I got home, my parents didn't seem real. Literally my parents who have raised me since I was a child didn't seem real, whenever I looked into their eyes I felt dead inside. Recently I've just started telling myself that the dp isn't real and my anxiety levels have been going down, but the dr more specifically is taking a very bad turn for the worse, and I've gotten to the point where it doesn't even bother me anymore, which is pretty frightening.

Here are a few of the key details about how I feel:

• Physical Symptoms that have accompanied this have been extreme fatigue and tiredness, no matter how much I eat I never feel that full or replenished, no matter how much I sleep, I don't feel replenished
  • It does get worse with anxiety but at the same time doesn't subside even when my anxiety is low

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think it wasn't a coincidence that it occurred during your finals. Even if consciously you weren't feeling the stress, it is likely to have been there. Maybe then the additional physical stress from the food poisoning pushed you over the edge. I can't say for sure - just my best guess.

Approaching my finals, I was more vulnerable to dp/dr. Additionally, most times I fell back into it were during the late autumn and winter months (November to February), and I would generally feel much better in the summer, with the longer days and sun.

I have had most of your symptoms - the only exception being loss of appetite rather than never feeling satiated.

You will find some good advice in the Recovery Stories forum. I'm also recovered, and in my recent posts shared some advice based on my own experience. (Avoid any threads where you see trigger warnings!)

It's worth trying everything that others suggest and finding what works for you.

I believe it's most important to continue on as normal. In spite of any anxiety or numbness, do what you know is right every day. Compensate for the fatigue with discipline. Be patient and give whatever you do (e.g., a strenuous exercise routine) a chance to work, even if initially you don't think it is doing much.

Trust in your mind and body to right itself if you just keep it plugged into the world. There may be ups and downs and plateaus, but things will get better when you least expect it, and soon it will be gone.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and i just want to get some feedback on what I could possibly do to find the cause of/heal of my dp/dr.

So this all started a few months ago in December during university finals week. The night before one of my finals, I got severe food poisoning that had me vomiting constantly until the morning (i know how this happened, and it was mostly my fault for eating 5hr old pizza but that's besides the point). Ever since that day, nothing has seemed quite as real as it used to. Christmas came and went, and although I celebrated it felt very insignificant (which is not normal for me since it's a holiday I typically enjoy a lot) during winter break I only felt relieved for one brief week, it was such a beautiful and relaxing week after Christmas/before new years, and then unfortunately, I haven't felt as good as I did during that mini-recovery since, it's been completely downhill from there.

Whenever I wen't home for spring break, I felt completely and utterly numb, for context I go to school in a relatively large city 4hrs away from my home and I live in an extremely small town so the fact that I felt nothing after such a dramatic change was very troubling and depressing, especially considering the fact that I don't get to go home often. When I got home, my parents didn't seem real. Literally my parents who have raised me since I was a child didn't seem real, whenever I looked into their eyes I felt dead inside. Recently I've just started telling myself that the dp isn't real and my anxiety levels have been going down, but the dr more specifically is taking a very bad turn for the worse, and I've gotten to the point where it doesn't even bother me anymore, which is pretty frightening.

Here are a few of the key details about how I feel:

• Physical Symptoms that have accompanied this have been extreme fatigue and tiredness, no matter how much I eat I never feel that full or replenished, no matter how much I sleep, I don't feel replenished
  • It does get worse with anxiety but at the same time doesn't subside even when my anxiety is low

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you are healthy individual fatigue and tiredness comes only from living sedentary life, or deficiencies like vitamin D deficiency (usually if u dont get enough sun over years), so get vitamins and go exercise daily

1 - 3 of 3 Posts