Depersonalization Support Forum banner

extacy?

5K views 37 replies 13 participants last post by  Seeker 
#1 ·
has anyone on this site taken extacy? im thinking this drug might've been what did me in finally. it all started with pot but i don't think pot is as extreme as this drug. also i've takes shrooms, but i think extacy is the culprit. damn me for not listening to the damn warnings!

#3 ·
No, I've never tried X. I've had plenty of friends who have and have been somewhat "pressured" to try it (but I never will).

What pushed me over the edge was a night with LSD and pot - tempered with way too much alcohol. The mixture was too much and the world just split right down the f'in middle.

It scared me so much that I limit even my caffeine intake to this very day (out of fear of any kind of drug). If I start to feel hyper, for whatever reason, it can bother me greatly.

G
#4 ·
X made me worse, LSD didn't help matters, and pot made me paranoid. I don't touch any of it any more, nor will I use shrooms ever again. My symptoms are enough that I don't want to tamper with my brain and immune system anymore than I have to.

G
#8 ·
Why do you get your bleed taken martinelv?

I didn't really have much of a problem with xtc. The only trouble was that as a stimulant, it tends to overwork my mind and the sketch induces anxiety, and anxiety leads to...

#9 ·
My DP came from ecstasy - not so much from the chemical itself, but more from the psychological impact of having a rather nasty "bad trip" on it.

I've heard it's particularly bad for DP, however, since it messes with neurotransmitter receptors in the brain or whatever they call that stuff.

#10 ·
I had a bad trip on it too, and then after that I started having panic attacks. But for me the bad trip was more physical. I was shaking really bad and had these muscle spasms. But the night started with me being really anxious and uneasy. I had been feeling that way for a few days really and I was about to crack anyway. Then after the x about 2 weeks later I had my monster panic attack and now here I am.

#13 ·
I took X and LSD and I consider DR very comparable to comming down off a trip! I never had an episode while on either though. I did have my very first during a time when I smoked pot mixed with opium. I never thought about it cause I considered it an entirely drug enduced thing! Almost 18mo latter I had another when I was drunk and smoked some pot! I freaked out to say the lease! Again I considered it entirely a drug thing and thought nothing of it. From then on out though my enjoyment of pot lessened and lessened! I began feeling this way whenever I spoked! I have not done any drugs in @ 2 1/2 years. I had my first non drug episode a year ago.

#14 ·
my initial dp started due to abuse of xtasy. i'd taken alot of other stuff before and since(though not so much) and was fine.

G
#16 ·
i think dp/dr is the reason why i do more drugs. I have no emotional attachment to last night. It doesn't matter if last night after taknig alot of of amphetamines i thought shadows in my hgouse were trying to steal my body. As scared and repentant i was then, i know i'm gonna put myself through the same stuff tommorow.

#21 ·
thinwhiteduke, I'm not trying to criticize you in any way, but I just don't see any way that you could carry on altering your mind and expecting it to recover. It's like trying to get back to reality and at the same time tricking your brain and setting yourself back in my opinion. I'm just concerned for you. I would never do such a thing - and to be honest, I used to love drugs.

G
#22 ·
well, there are certain drugs i avoid, like pot and psychadelics which can obviously affect this. The stimulants i take are really just like having alot of coffee.

But being if i'm paranoid and am scared of other things, i can completely forget dp/dr for the time being. I am slowly getting better (or at least not noticing dp as much).

I'm not really sure if can explain it properly but here is a horrible example; your upset that your bathroom has stains. You then realize the tap doesn't work. You thirst for a while and when the water comes back you're as happy as ever and don't notice the stains.

#23 ·
I can see where youre coming from in a way thinwhiteduke. sometimes I feel like "might as well get fucked up as hell to escape all this crap"...and well, I don't take THAT much of anything...but the occasional pill or something...kind of a nice escape. Why the hell not?

I have been prescribed amphetamines (Adderall) on and off since 17, and for most of my DP "career". I have found at times for Adderall to be extremely helpful. But before everyone goes running to the doctor, I will also add that some people on here didn't benefit from Adderall at all. I'm the type that loves stimulants, i find benefit in lots of caffeine, etc. Everybody is different...blah blah blah.

I will say, however, that Adderall has had its own separate set of problems and has not cured me, I think it has remained neutral in the whole realm of being cured.

But amphetamine use, combined with I guess my own psychology, has seemed to be helpful at times. Sometimes it made a situation better. Not the cure. But helped me and gave me enough of a boost that I could go out and do the things benefecial to being cured.

G
#25 ·
i don't see street drugs any different from prescription drugs (minus the purity, etc). The laws aren't based on the effects of the drugs at all. If some street drug is another person's paxil, why not?

Not that drugs are curing me. Person3 explained it pretty well actually.

#26 ·
thinwhiteduke said:
I'm not really sure if can explain it properly but here is a horrible example; your upset that your bathroom has stains. You then realize the tap doesn't work. You thirst for a while and when the water comes back you're as happy as ever and don't notice the stains.
You're right. You won't notice the stains until you aren't thirsty. (coming down)

Then you become thirsty again and you drink and drink and drink, avoiding those stains that need to be 409'ed. They need attention. Those stains won't go away on their own, any they won't disappear by placing a rug over them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.