Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I am new but have been following this forum for a while and decided to make an account. anyway, back in 9th grade I smoked weed and had a terrible panic attack and later developed DP/DR and since I was in school I researched a bit but was so busy with sports and such I forgot about it and it went away. wellll fast forward, I'm 20 now. my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in May and I was running our family RV park all by myself, it was so stressful . anyway, I started smoking heavily and randomly one night I had a panic attack so bad I felt like I was dying. next morning I still felt high and then it shortly went away. well about 2 or 3 weeks later I started feeling it again and now I'm in full blown DP/DR and I have major anxiety like I'm going insane, have schizophrenia, health issues, and just plain paranoia . any advice? I know it will go away but then I get a "what if" thought and start to freak I also start college classes tomorrow . it sucks ... thank you for reading :)

·
Former Moderator
1,273 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forum. In your case, I would suggest throwing yourself into your college classes. It'll likely subside as you'll be meeting new people, learning new things, etc. That's the best thing for it in the short term. If you feel like it isn't subsiding, you should go to a doctor and obtain a diagnosis for DP. Then you're sort of "in the system" officially, and you can try to attack it from that angle. Good luck with school and your DP. This forum is a great place for support too, by the way. You may find it helpful for advice and support. Sorry to hear about your Mom, by the way. And congrats on stepping up to take care of things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts