Depersonalization Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people.

I wrote a pretty long intro into my main problems with dpdr elsewhere but I just wanted to touch on a specific symptom and hopefully hear what others have to say on it.

For a long time I have been experiencing a dull 'cramping' sensation in my head, which becomes salient and more noticable when I am in conversation with someone. It's like i can have a couple words of exchange with someone, but anything that requires more concentration, fluid conversation, having to think of answers and things to say next... my head sort of cramps up and it really stunts anything I have to say. The result is I come across as dull, inarticulate, nothing really interesting to say as I feel compelled to keep it short and to the point. It goes hand-in-hand with a certain blank-mindedness I feel during conversation. This is especially aggravating as before dpdr I was always full of new ideas, talked passionately about the things I enjoyed and enjoyed a good chat. Now I just feel seized up with anything beyond a mediocre exchange. Like my brain can't relax. Does anyone have any similar experiences? will this go in time? (it's been like this pretty much since the start of the year).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts